Andrew Wilkie is opposing the budget

and challenging all the opposition members to join him

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Andrew Wilkie is opposing the budget

@monman12 wrote:

"it's more true to form of Abbott who made promises to Christine Milne behind closed doors then renegged on them in publuc, No-one will meet privately with Abbott as he tends not to stick to his word"

Gosh , do you remember this D9275:

Jan 2012

"Ms Gillard yesterday confirmed she will break her deal with independent Andrew Wilkie to introduce mandatory pre-commitment technology for poker machines by 2014 and pass the legislation by May."

Wilke: " it was the current Prime Minister Julia Gillard who reneged on her written agreement with me to introduce meaningful poker machine reform.”

Ahhhhhhh,   the good old Circus days when even a written commitment by Poor Me was not honoured.

nɥºɾ

Oh Poor Monman, scraping the bottom of the barrel today. 

If you recall that much you should also recall that is was a "watering down" of the poker machine agreement that broke the deal. It wasn't completely dumped.  You might also recall that Wilkie did negotiate a deal with Gillard as opposed to abbott who proved he was not trustworthy enough to enter into a deal with.

Your use of the Poor Me label every day just confirms your sexist attitude everyday.

I do commend you on your daily efforts to convince people that abbott is somehow better than Julia Gillard, who's name you can't even bring yourself to use.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

I agree with you NW:  "........ true to form trys to grab the limelight by publicly declaring he wont support passage of the Budget......."

FN it is a meaningless statement when you consider that :  "The opposition said it would not block supply and to do so would be ''anti-democratic''.

"Independent MP Andrew Wilkie wants MPs to block the budget and force another election."

Finally  FN, leaving aside Wilkie's waffle,  are you referring to blocking supply or blocking budget bills?.

nɥºɾ

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

I agree with you NW:  "........ true to form trys to grab the limelight by publicly declaring he wont support passage of the Budget......."

FN it is a meaningless statement when you consider that :  "The opposition said it would not block supply and to do so would be ''anti-democratic''.

"Independent MP Andrew Wilkie wants MPs to block the budget and force another election."

Finally  FN, leaving aside Wilkie's waffle,  are you referring to blocking supply or blocking budget bills?.

nɥºɾ

The answer is in the video recording in the OP, press play to find out.

where did you get the quote re the "force another election"?  That's not in the thread, not is it the point of the speech.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

LABOR MP says party won't block supply

It's a move independent MP Andrew Wilkie is willing to make, and he wants Labor, the Australian Greens and the Palmer United Party to sign on.

Labor MP Tim Watts says his party won't block supply bills, despite calls by independent Andrew Wilkie, but will act on measures presented separately.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has repeatedly confirmed his party's opposition to the Medicare co-payment, fuel excise increases and changes to pensions and higher education fees.

Those measures can be blocked separately.

[Mr Watts] "Unseating the Abbott government should be a marathon, not a sprint."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/06/03/labor-mp-says-party-wont-block-supply
Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Link for this statement please monman:

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Andrew Wilkie: " This is not about trying to force an election. It's about forcing the government back to the drawing board to bring us back a fairer budget.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/independent-mp-andrew-wilkie-calls-on-fellow-m...
Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

nɥºɾ

I referred to a speech by Andrew Wilkie. 

I did not comment about blocking supply or blocking budget bills.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

The government needs six of the 18 crossbenchers in the Senate for legislation to pass, making it unlikely measures such as the Medicare co-payment and welfare and pension changes will succeed.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/independent-mp-andrew-wilkie-calls-on-fellow-m...

Hockey's budget = Fail
Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

nreowulf wrote...

Yet again he demonstrates his complete incapacity to comprehend he has a greater responsibility to ensure good governance takes place in Australia.

that is a perfect sentence for abbott and the entire LNP govt of shysters.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

"Oh Poor Monman, scraping the bottom of the barrel today."

Well of course,  that is where I look  first when debating ALP/pink  topics,  it just happens it was where I found Poor Me's commitment to a written policy agreement with Wilkie!
"We don't have the numbers to deliver the package he has asked for," said Health Minister Plibersek, overlooking the inconvenient truth that Gillard signed up to the policy in exchange for Wilkie backing her into government."

"You might also recall that Wilkie did negotiate a deal with Gillard as opposed to abbott who proved he was not trustworthy enough to enter into a deal with." ???? I would suggest a written agreement that is not honoured is a few orders of magnitude worse than a verbal one.

Actually having reneged,  Poor Me offered a crumb to Wilkie in the form of An ACT trial of precommitment technology for poker machines.   But, but  she allowed the clubs to vote on the issue:
"The Canberra pokies trial appears sunk after Canberra clubs on Thursday voted against participating in the trial until after the federal election."
" It is dead and has been an expensive "thought bubble", the federal opposition says."

D9275: "I was commenting on the current situation as is everyone else. Not really interested in what happened in the past" I do not blame you when historical memoirs like the above from Poor Me  fit so comfortably at the bottom of her Machiavellian political barrel.

nɥºɾ

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply