(Another) What would you do?

I bought a pile of stuff at Ikea yesterday using the self service checkout. It was a bit of a rush as they were about to close and my daughter wasn't feeling well and was fading before my eyes so I was a bit frazzled...

Anyway I was filing away the reciept this morning and it seemed too cheap for what I had bought. So I went through it and realised I missed paying for a huge mirror valued at $129. Not sure how.

I just called them to pay for it over the phone but they say I have to bring it back. WT...? That's a 20mins drive there, navigate my way through whilst trying to hold this heavy mirror, getting in the for their service area and then driving back.

What would you do?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Do you have to take it back with you? Can't they just scan another one at the store?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you insist on being that honest - do what punch says.

Get another one at the store, scan and pay.  Tell them you don't want it

and walk away.   Watch their faces.   Hahahahahaha

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

Do you have to take it back with you? Can't they just scan another one at the store?

It's not just about scanning cause I have the barcode and read it out to the girl on the phone.

Apparently they need to see the item to make sure that they put through the right one. 

Unless they are worried I am trying to pay less for a more expensive one??

Whch doesn't make any sense. 

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

If you insist on being that honest - do what punch says.

Get another one at the store, scan and pay.  Tell them you don't want it

and walk away.   Watch their faces.   Hahahahahaha

But I don't feel like making the 3 hour trip that going to Ikea invariably takes. I just want them to do it over the phone!!

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Ikea's a horrible place to get into and out of.  I get that.

Tell your conscience that you tried and they wouldn't play ball.

They should be able to take payment over the phone.   I think they're

relying too much on people's honesty to actually battle their way back in.

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

Make them an offer they can't refuse. Take my money over the phone or kiss it goodbye.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

LOL Start the caaarrrrr!!

I don't think id be going back, you've tried being honest, if they really wanted the money they would have taken it when you rang. I suppose they don't get calls like that often, if you really feel bad about it, try calling tomorrow when there is likely to be different staff on. I wouldn't be going back with the mirror.
Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

When you ring again, ask to speak to the Manager. If they say he or she is not available, give them your phone number for the Manager to ring back.

If you don't get any satisfaction for being honest, get the number of IKEA Headquarters in Australia and put in a complaint about this lazy and sloppy service from the shop you bought all your items.

That's what I would do.

Erica

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

http://australia.customerservice1800.com/ikea-australia-phone-number-customer-service

Here is the link to contact IKEA Headoffice.

Or go to IKEA Facebook and state your complaint there.

Erica

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply