BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,225
Latest reply
98,224 REPLIES 98,224

Re: BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

My turn today Sandi to get the dreaded your (20 odd line) post dissappeared into lala land notification..... I think Richo has a "keep it short" button up there and is laughing his head off training us not to waffle.

One more orbit of the sun for me yesterday... but the beer started flowing the day before that... my mouth is drier a scotsmans armpit on a Wednesday this morning.. think myn neighbor did the damage with some late night Juniper juices, you can have that satan water all to yourself Countess..probably need a IV.... but thinking may go hair of the dog route...no guts no glory..

thoughts to those whose ailments are not self inflicted.

Olympics have been a great distraction Dom. I bet many in lockdown have never been able to experience all the live sporting moments before.

Have a great day everybody...*waves* to the lurkers ..doing battle with the urban assaults vehicle's front window today that loves to go down but needs help to get back up.. ...been there before

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 93631 of 98,225
Latest reply

Good morning everyone.

Looks like another sunny day here today.

A quick trip into town this morning for some essential supplies (no, not toilet paper 😄), and then another day watching the Olympics.

Stay safe and well everyone, and hope your day goes as you wish.

Message 93632 of 98,225
Latest reply

Good morning, blokes and sheilas 

It’s a fine winter’s morning at 13℃.

Mind you, yesterday was horrendous. Bitterly cold, wild winds tossing trees and breathing as heavily as an obscene phone call… It got down to 5℃ overnight.

(Domino, here’s Bill Bailey and Kraftwerk performing the Hokey Kokey (German version) - I love this!)

https://youtu.be/dwaxWoJPUC0

Message 93633 of 98,225
Latest reply

Good morning everyone.  24 here today but the wind is keeping it feeling a bit cooler.

As I typed that, I think of richo giving us the daily weather report.  He's probably smiling down from utopia thinking - "I don't have to worry about that any more".

Commiserations View - hope you feel better soon.  They say fatty food helps - must line the stomach.

I'm feeling very lazy sitting around watching the olympics.  Because of covid, even though there's not supposed to be any here, I stay home and just do the basics.  Breakfast dishes, make the bed, run the vacuum over every day (pets) and do the washing when necessary.  That's my day!  I go shopping once a fortnight and that's it.  We will be going out Saturday night for Kim's 40th.  You can only have 5 at home but as many as you like at the pub as long as the tables are distanced and it doesn't overtake their allowed numbers for their area.  We will have 15 - was going to be 30 at home.

We had a death in the family yesterday - one of Frank's cousins we were fairly close to - lived in the same town in Vic.  Can't help wonder if there was a bit of negligence.  She was in hospital a month ago with an infected part of her stomach from colitis and was admitted Sunday with sepsis.  That infected part had died and infected her - I feel they should have kept an eye on that.  Sadly, she passed away yesterday.

Frank was put on new meds for his heart plus a tablet that replaced warfarin - one you don't need to go every few days to have a blood test.  It seems to have slowed the rise and fall of his heart rate but I still hope they insert the pacemaker so we can feel more confident.  He has told him to go straight in if he feels his heart racing.  It's the pits getting older.

Enough of the sober stuff.  Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe.

Message 93634 of 98,225
Latest reply

Good evening everyone.

Cold & windy - yet again here.

What on earth are they thinking - another month of lockdown - we come under Greater Sydney - but no cases for the past 3 weeks.

Getting a bit over the top & stupid. Opinion.

Sandy - so sorry to hear - I think they ' miss ' a lot of things - things that they shouldn't. ((()))

On the lighter side - just don't get his heart racing . lol

Cheers Richo - it's Wine O Clock - here.

Please when you have a mo - Young Richo - we are still hanging out for the toaster. 

Wish he were here. 😘

Message 93635 of 98,225
Latest reply

Oh hokey tokey
Oh hokey tokey
Oh hokey tokey
And thats whats all about

just sayin' LOL

Hope all are well on the thread, Haven't been in much and really enjoying the Olypmics.

Have an Aussie and UK and a Kiwi staying, so it gets a bit loud at times especially with the swimming LOL

Such lovely cool weather here, no need to really rug up, but nice just the same.

All you peeps take good care

Message 93636 of 98,225
Latest reply

I just watched a basketball game for the first time - I almost peeeed my pants.

But as in Pretty Woman - I enjoyed The Pirates of Penzance. 🤣

We WON.

Message 93637 of 98,225
Latest reply

(The Pirates of Incontinence... they DID pee in their pants.)

I watched some of the early event of male gymnasts on the rings. Lawks oh lawks oh lawks... the upper body strength of those men!

Message 93638 of 98,225
Latest reply

Good morning all - 21 here today, sunny and low breeze.  Lovely!

Countess, I said to Frank how strong those men are in the upper body - actually the whole

body.  We done well yesterday - 3 gold in 1 hour.

Been naughty and ordered a new buffet on line.  Supposed to arrive Tuesday and can't wait.

Our unit is quite small and I am putting it where I have a hall table so I can store everything 

that's in my square glass crystal cabinet thus giving us more room where our recliners are.

I will try and sell the crystal cabinet.  The new buffet is a hamptons style with some glass in

the doors so my crystal etc will still be on show 😊.  I also have my eye on a new larger white

lamp table for between the recliners to put our junk on - important junk!  Phones, coaster each

for our coffee, remote, glasses, but no lamp as we have a standard one behind it.

We now have 23 going out for a few drinks and a counter tea for Kim's 40th.  We are allowed

to take cakes etc so tomorrow I have to make and decorate a birthday cake.  I was having a

cake with cups cakes but have cut it down to just the cake now there are less coming.  Something like this but just the cake -       178038801_10223701492232850_2646872533577751888_n.jpg

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable day x.

Message 93639 of 98,225
Latest reply

You may enjoy - upper body - Countess & Sandy.

Be patient............................................

And no wardrobe malfunctions - superglue I think. lol

Message 93640 of 98,225
Latest reply