BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,225
Latest reply
98,224 REPLIES 98,224

Re: BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Wow, love the fabrics in all the dresses, countess. Thanks for giving us a glimpse.

Your mum must have looked exquisite. I am just sorry to hear you were in constant pain. I hope the MRI won't be delayed too long for you as you need answers.

I was away helping one of my daughters with the kids for a couple of days. Normally I am there from Tuesday afternoon till Wednesday evening till about 6.30pm. But this week I changed it to Monday-Wednesday morning as I had a family birthday lunch to attend over in Heidelberg yesterday. My daughter got home and found this:

6 march 2024 smaller.png

I don't know if you recall, but about a month back, that tree lost another (bigger) branch. My daughter has asked the council to consider removing that tree but they refuse.

That spot under the tree is where I am often forced to park. When I can, I move up to where that grey car is but it is there a lot. So... another tree catastrophe averted!

Spoiler

Message 98121 of 98,225
Latest reply

I'd be walking a tad Springy - not worth the damage.

Speaking of parking - had to move on a ' tradie ' from next door actually parked in my drive.

The driveway goes up the side of the house - but there is a bay at the bottom for another 2 cars - yep - he claimed a spot.

When fronted because of the model of car parked down there - he said he thought it was a ' weekender '. LOL

LAME.

What is not understood - even a ' weekender ' is private property.

Got a pic and saving this one.

Message 98122 of 98,225
Latest reply

First of allโ€ฆ springyzone, wow, another branch almost assassinating any putative parker under that dangerous tree! The council is full of short-sighted twits, it seems. 

Secondly, how brazen - just parking in your driveway! domino, some tradies do have a history of acting as though the world is their meat pie.

Thirdly, yes, I loved the fabric and design of the dresses we wore. I chose weeks in advance, and took out the dresses every now and again to admire themโ€ฆ

Well, re the knee, just in the last 20 hours itโ€™s stopped being agonising. Now itโ€™s subsided to background of pain that becomes sharper if I put any weight in itโ€ฆ a considerable improvement. Iโ€™ve been using RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and 4 panadol tablets a day. I know I was on my feet far too much in the lead-up to the weddingโ€ฆ and Iโ€™m also going to continue being careful because I am sure this is only a temporary relief. The cause must be diagnosed and a long-term treatment plan put into place. I could kick myself for not being able to dance at the wedding. Grrrrrrrrr.

Message 98123 of 98,225
Latest reply

Wow, springy. You are really lucky - it is the second time you (or your car) are spared from the rage of a falling branch hitting the exact spot where you or your car usually (or at least quite often) are.

Has the council offered an explanation for their refusal to remove that tree?

Message 98124 of 98,225
Latest reply

Beautiful here today - well except for the boom boom of radio & the language & I'm no shrinking violet - but hooley dooley. lol

Noticed Nics managed to get in - update please.

Does this never end - now into - shadow diagrams - by the time I'm done here - I could totally build a house.

Shadow diagrams are given to show the affect/effect of sun in your garden from any neighbouring property - ie you are entitled to at least 3 hours of sun in 50% of your backyard on 21 June - being the winter solstice.

The original development plan showed an house - not my house - would not be affected - but it did have my address on it.

Good lord - they are actually employed by Council 

To be continued - as usual.

Message 98125 of 98,225
Latest reply

I finally arrived home yesterday. Not sure if you know but I fell in the supermarket on the 12th jan and fractured my pelvis. After stints in rehab 6 weeks I was sent home with them knowing that I had hurt myself whilst getting ready to go home. After spending time in Maroondah hosp I was found to have torn my left side muscle. I then spent another 10 days or so in Ringwood Private. 

I am still in discomfort but have a walker to help me move. Thankfully no breathing problems. 

Countess take care xx

Message 98126 of 98,225
Latest reply

Countess told us about your accident.

I am so glad you are back home now with no breathing problems and on the road to recovery.

You have spent a long time in medical care, you must be so glad to be home at last, where you can relax.

I am not sure of your living arrangements but accept whatver help you can get with meals and housework! You may have to ask what services are available but there are sure to be some.

Message 98127 of 98,225
Latest reply

' Discomfort ' - good grief - you sure are in the ' wars '.

Take it easy - I'm sure DD is helping out.

Message 98128 of 98,225
Latest reply

nicnacs, Iโ€™ve pulled out your entry from the long jump for the Olympicsโ€ฆ

Seriously, take care but stay as active as you can. Youโ€™ve had a significant injury and Iโ€™m just glad you have gone a long way towards full recovery. Stay cool today - top of 39ยฐ!!! Iโ€™ve got the a/c on and we have plenty of cold drinks.

Iโ€™m still using ice pack and knee compression thing, and I am not not not going to carry down the bags of rubbish and recycling in this heat and while my knee continues to be unable to be weight-bearing.

Everyone in VIC, be careful. Cold water, other cold drinks, wet towels, cool showers, fans, a/c, and stay indoors if you canโ€ฆ

๐Ÿฅตโ˜€๏ธโ™จ๏ธ๐Ÿœ๏ธ๐ŸŒต๐ŸงŠโ„๏ธ๐ŸงŠโ„๏ธ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿšฐโ›ฒ๏ธ๐Ÿ–๏ธ๐Ÿชญ

Message 98129 of 98,225
Latest reply

You also need to pull out her entry for the ' pole vault '. 

Message 98130 of 98,225
Latest reply