Cave Rescue

i have been watching the brilliant work being done to rescue this small group of boys and their coach from the cave.

so many have come together and are working tirelesly to hopefully get them all out alive, and back with their familys.

however,

after listening to our foriegn minister going on about how our govt is offering every possible aid to the cause i cant help thinking,

what if this same group were in a rickitty boat floating off our northern coast?

whould we be seeing the same compassion?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Cave Rescue

No.

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

what if this same group were in a rickitty boat floating off our northern coast?

They would be knowingly breaking the law. The children are not breaking laws. Vast difference.

image host
Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

They would be knowingly breaking the law. The children are not breaking laws. Vast difference.

so, if you screw up and get yourself in mortal danger you get treated different than if trying to get to a better place to live you break a law you prolly dont even know exists?

get trapped in a cave, no limit to money that will be spent saving you.

take a boat trip to a place you believe is paradise, get arrested, sent to a another country to sit in prison.

IF your not let drown at sea as no one sees it.

Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

Sure, still completely different scenarios with completely different action required. Diplomacy being one.

And many of the boat people know they cannot get to Aus through the legal proper channels so they take a chance.

Granted, there are smugglers that paint a different picture.

5 remain, 4 boys and the coach.

Apparently the parents don't want the coach charged but I think the authorities will have no choice.

(might be a small fine)

Here's hoping they all make it soon, get well and go to the world cup together to put it behind them.

image host
Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

The rescuers are doing a magnificent job and I believe and hope that they will get them all out.

The rains are extremely heavy now, so it is a race to get the last few out before the caves get totally flooded.

A great international effort, and really brave people risking their lives

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

marwi5023
Community Member
From what I understand Thailand favours corporal punishment over fines.
Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

From what I understand Thailand favours corporal punishment over fines.

True, but now that the whole world is following I think the authorities will think very carefully over what action should be taken.

Even though he has put 12 children's lives at risk, afterall it was an unintentional misadventure in which he managed to keep them safe until they were found.

I just read that the children are not out of the woods yet.

A high risk of infections is now a concern.

image host
Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Apparently the parents don't want the coach charged but I think the authorities will have no choice.

(might be a small fine)

Did the coach break the law?  Stupid but I wouldn't have thought criminal.......

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

Negligence charges could be laid. 

I hope not as I think he has well and truly learnt his lesson.

image host
Message 10 of 45
Latest reply