Cave Rescue

i have been watching the brilliant work being done to rescue this small group of boys and their coach from the cave.

so many have come together and are working tirelesly to hopefully get them all out alive, and back with their familys.

however,

after listening to our foriegn minister going on about how our govt is offering every possible aid to the cause i cant help thinking,

what if this same group were in a rickitty boat floating off our northern coast?

whould we be seeing the same compassion?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Cave Rescue

@tezza2844 wrote:

@go-tazz

It appears that you may have a deeper problem here, A great man(?) once said one picture is worth a thousand words, so a comment was not really necessary and it was not directed at you personally. Perhaps more at people who blow in here from overseas countries and then want all Australians to conform to their views and attitudes of intolerance and prejudices. Perhaps a pair of rose coloured glasses may help alleviate your problem.

They only problem I have is if someone tries to involve me or blame me for something that I've had nothing to do

with.

Blow in sounds about right but most of their boats had engines,

I prefer my sunnies,(I can see better with them),good.gif

Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

marwi5023
Community Member
Coach is a Monk. So definitely a volunteer and I don't see them punishing him
Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

Thai cave rescue diver Vern Unsworth criticises Elon Musk's submarine as PR stunt

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-15/thai-cave-rescue-diver-says-elon-musk-mini-submarine-pr-stunt/...

pretty bad form for a guy like Vern to POO POO an idea just because he doesnt like the guy whos behind it.

search and recue all around the world rely on donations from govts and individuald, why talk like that in the media?

just makes Vern look like a silly sausage.

maybe Mr Musks machine wasnt suitable for this job, that doesnt mean its not usefull.

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

marwi5023
Community Member
Now Elon has called Vern a "Pedo".
I think the "silly sausage" moniker belongs to the spoilt rich man now.
Admittedly Vern could have been more diplomatic with his assessment of the submarine but the fact that it wasn't used is most telling
Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

Cave Rescue

agreed, musks coment was uncalled for.

the 'sub' wasnt used as 1 it didnt arrive in time and 2 it was unsuitable for the rescue.

i just dont get the whole squabbling over such a silly thing.

the kids were rescued.

maybe under different circumstances the little submarine thing might have been great, we will prolly never know.

but musk didnt have to build it or offer it.

i hope this whole situation will make people worldwide realise caving isnt something done by amatures.

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply