Chinese Juice Sold as "Aussie Made"

Aussie company caught flogging 'Australian-made' juice straight from China

An Aussie company has been caught red-handed trying to flog an ‘Australian made’ juice product that comes from China.

The consumer watchdog found that The Real Juice Company, which supplies juice products to Superbarn as a ‘home brand’ product, misled customers with its labels.

The labels on its apple juice product deceptively inferred the contents were made from fresh Australian apples.

The labels contained the phrases ‘“It’s produced locally using the freshest quality Apples,’ ‘Straight From a Farm’ and ‘Made in Griffith’.

In actual fact, the juice product was made from reconstituted apple juice concentrate imported from China.

The company also misled customers about the ingredients of its cranberry juice product.

The labels on the cranberry juice product claimed it has ‘no added sugar; no artificial flavours; no artificial colours; no preservatives”.

Yet the product contained added sugar and other additives.

To really drive home the point, the label also included the statements “So if you like your juice fresh with nothing else added” and “It’s really just fruit juice!”

Entire Article Here

I wonder who owns the "Aussie" company?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

j*oono
Community Member

You can tell they were lying because the put a little winking face on the label.

I suppose they thought that if they lied like hell more people would buy it and they would easily be able to afford the measly fine they were given.

I think they were right.

Joono
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Monsanto & Cancer Milk: FOX NEWS KILLS STORY & FIRES Reporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1pKlnhvg0

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I always try to buy Aussie made instead of imported food and read the labelling to ensure that it is produced local. 

What hope is there now if the labelling is false and made in china, disgusting.   Heavy fines for the companies

involved in this deceit.

tip toe through the tulips
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply