Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Re: Coronavirus update

@go-tazz wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

No need for the head banging Tazz, I,ve been saying EXACTLY the same thing for many months. Its just that you and others have chosen to ignore any comments I make which don't align with your very obvious bias.

Example - This cut and paste from post 2406 on this thread. 

There's no doubt that containing the virus in Victoria was always going to be much harder than in South Australia, regardless of who was in charge. 

Reasons include, Melbourne airport being an international gateway to Australia, much higher migrant populations in Victoria who may not always be proficient in speaking and reading English ( and may not trust government officials and health advice to the same extent as those born here. ) Melbourne ports are also a major freight gateway and the major transport and manufacturing distribution centres have people coming and going from all areas in the country with inherent poor monitoring of driver health status.

If that's not fair, rational conversation, I don't know what is. If other posters on these forums showed as much balance in their posts, we could have much more intelligent discussions rather than the one eyed partisan at all costs rants we seem to be seeing from a few at the moment. Very relevant to stawks last post too I think..

One post excuses your diatribe?shok.gif

Your other posts are the complete opposite to that.

You have continually bagged Vic and Dan in post after post so NO the above is just generic as you have put every

Victorian offside due to your comments time and time again.

Mistakes are always going to be made and no one is excempt from that but your rant against Vic and Dan went to

the next level and started to sound like a political platform to stop him getting elected next term.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Hopefully it's brought under control quickly in SA as I have five brothers and two sisters over there but to

continually bag Vic has to stop.good.gif

It's bad enough with the footy but over this it's just totally wrong.crying.gif

Again you choose to ignore the moderate tone of my posts right up to the point a few weeks ago where Dan Andrews senior advisers inferred he was lying to the commission set up to investigate what went so wrong with the Victorian administrations handling of COVID

This from post 2317 of this thread

The way I read it Victoria recorded another 671 ( edit now up to 685 )  new COVID cases overnight, on top of the 397 recorded yesterday, so all up over 1000 in a day and a bit.

New lock down measures include no travel outside a 5 km. radius of home, all weddings cancelled,  schools closed and all but essential businesses closed as well as a nightly curfew..

This is pretty bad...... My thoughts go out to all Victorians, friend or foe.

I have made no secret of the fact that I,m appalled by Dan Andrews behavior at the enquiry. I regard it as just as big a betrayal of peoples trust as John Howard's claims of " Children overboard " and " Weapons of mass destruction ". I,m old school and find this sort of thing by our most senior elected leaders totally reprehensible. My apologies if having standards and principles offends people.

Message 3031 of 3,689
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

The pandemic is handled by people put in place - by the people - to do their job.

Not their political views - not this time.

Rubbish argument ......The pandemic is handled by government administrations, some whom listen to their advisers, some who completely ignore them. Should we not be discussing Trumps handling of Covid on this thread ?

No matter how you try to spin it - the pandemic is not political .

Nor are the actual political leanings - of those charged with handling this - pertinent.

Trump's handling of covid - is deplorable - nothing to do with the fact he is - now - I stress NOW - a Republican.

Message 3032 of 3,689
Latest reply

This continual criticism of Victoria and it's leader/s is getting a tad boring, particularly when it comes from someone who ( thankfully ) doesnt live there. 

Message 3033 of 3,689
Latest reply

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

This continual criticism of Victoria and it's leader/s is getting a tad boring, particularly when it comes from someone who ( thankfully ) doesnt live there. 

A leader who lies to the public and a commission set up to investigate his handling of the COVID crisis deserves all the scrutiny and criticism he gets.. 

Message 3034 of 3,689
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

How is it any different to the vast majority of posters here who support Labor and continually bag the LNP Federal government ? Are you calling for the " Diary of our stinking government " thread to be shut down ?  If not, total hypocrisy on your behalf..

Don't read it so not interested and I have no interest in politics AT ALL.

Many would argue the " diary " thread is valid as it is exposing and discussing mistakes made by that administration. ( fair enough )  It is very obvious that Dan Andrews has made just as many mistakes in his handling of the COVID virus in his state and the costs have been immeasurable, including the loss of over 800 lives.

Don't read it and not interested.

Why is it justified to discuss mistakes the LNP federal government have made ( and yes there are a few worthy of discussion ) but not to question Dan Andrews handling of the virus in Victoria when the results have been so traumatic for so many people ? 

Not interested in politics and as I said mistakes happen and hopefully out of all the mistakes Aus gets on with

get rid of this virus which is with the HELP of what has gone before and if those mistakes hadn't been "fixed" and worked on to prevent further outbreaks then where would we be now.Who knows.gif

I don't care who posts here or what their views are. The more varied the better as far as I,m concerned. But if people feel so challenged and offended by alternate views, they may need to consider whether a public forum is the right place for them. Maybe they should give consideration to  joining one of the many echo chamber groups where their own one eyed view of the world will be encouraged and endorsed by every other participant. If they wish to stay on a public forum, they need to accept others may not always agree with them and may challenge mistakes made by their governments...

It wasn't alternate views or a challenge to mistakes as it was a deliberate and continual attack on a state and it's

leader.

It was as simple as that.Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

Message 3035 of 3,689
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

A leader who lies to the public and a commission set up to investigate his handling of the COVID crisis deserves all the scrutiny and criticism he gets.. 

did he lie though??? are you talking about the decision not to use the ADF (which i very much doubt would've made any difference)

it could've been his decision

it could've been a cabinet decision.l..  brought about by the police not wanting to do it

for me, the problem is that the virus got out... some security guards had it and spread it onto their families, but no-one seemed to know about it.. when really, DHHS should've been checking on these people

very confusing press conference from SA today  .. so the person they thought bought a pizza, actually worked a few shifts at the pizza shop and is a contact of the security guard who worked both jobs...  this brings the story about the virus being 'a different strain that spreads faster" into doubt.... so lockdown is ending on sat night??

meanwhile Vic has a 48 hour border lockdown with SA in place atm

I'd also like to point out that in NSW they held a Ruby Princess inquiry...  with NOT ONE MINISTER appearing before the inquiry  Woman Surprised

Message 3036 of 3,689
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Well YOU would know all about lies   lol

Message 3037 of 3,689
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

did he lie though??? are you talking about the decision not to use the ADF (which i very much doubt would've made any difference)

it could've been his decision

it could've been a cabinet decision.l..  brought about by the police not wanting to do it

for me, the problem is that the virus got out... some security guards had it and spread it onto their families, but no-one seemed to know about it.. when really, DHHS should've been checking on these people

very confusing press conference from SA today  .. so the person they thought bought a pizza, actually worked a few shifts at the pizza shop and is a contact of the security guard who worked both jobs...  this brings the story about the virus being 'a different strain that spreads faster" into doubt.... so lockdown is ending on sat night??

meanwhile Vic has a 48 hour border lockdown with SA in place atm

I'd also like to point out that in NSW they held a Ruby Princess inquiry...  with NOT ONE MINISTER appearing before the inquiry  Woman Surprised

Ahhhhh but that is the "wonderful" SA, who just happen to have a "can do no wrong" Liberal leader   BIG difference Debra    

Message 3038 of 3,689
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

You forgot to mention a leader who also brought the virus under control to the point where his management has resulted in 0 cases and 0 deaths for the last 21 days. He deserves all the accolades he gets. As I have mentioned elsewhere, we need to consider the full truth, not just the bits we want to conveniently attack.

Message 3039 of 3,689
Latest reply

Oh cut it out NFS - you'll be accused of being a ' pile on ' - member. LOL

Message 3040 of 3,689
Latest reply