Did you get a text sent to your phone regarding the Marriage Equality Survey?

I can't believe that there is non stop spamming on mobile phones now. This week I have had fake prizes for travel and bunnings.

Now I have received a message on how to fill out my survey. This one I imagine isn't fake but why are they sending these when the vote is via mail anyhow?

Anyone else getting these too?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Nup   .... but that could be 'cause I dont own a mobile ph

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

That is one way to solve the problem Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

No, have'nt gotten one

I did however, get inundated non-stop last general election with related spam sms from all sides

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

I have had the number for years and it is the first election / vote /survey text ever received. Does make you wonder where they get the numbers from.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Some of my friends received the same.

Looks like the Yes side has purchased some mailing lists possibly from phone network providers or marketing companies.

image host
Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

You would think they know we are well aware there is a survey out there without campaigning us via our phone.  A few friends have received the message too and it is various Telcos.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Your mobile phone number is not secret anymore.... even if its listed on the DO NOT CALL register, they still call.
Anytime you write your number down on any competition, insurance form, school permission note, online orders, loan application, purchase or upgrade a new mobile,  etc etc the lists are *available* to whom ever wants to buy  it.....  despite privacy acts being in place, its never really secure.

I didnt get a SSM text, but my daughter did.
I guess its just luck of the draw.

Honestly though, annoying yes.... inconvienant, not really. (well, only if you let it peeve you off)  delete delete delete......   too easy folks.

xxj

P/S  I also get the woolworths one.... and one from Optus telling me I've won a iPhone in the comp I entered. While I am with Optus, I dont enter online comps.  Man LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

i dint/havent got one.

as a side issue, since joining the NBN my landlines been flooded with scam callers, your computers got a virus, you were involved in an accident, you need solar power, ect ect

usually by people with indian accents trying to sound australian.

the accident one is my favorite, first i ask which accident they are refering to as ive had several.

then i say, oh you must mean the big one?

they say yes sir, can you describe it?

i say well, i accidentally drove into the front of a store, killed several people and injured 12 others.....is that the one you mean?

about now they hang up!

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

No i havent, but imagine the outrage if it had been from the NO side....

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply