Did you get a text sent to your phone regarding the Marriage Equality Survey?

I can't believe that there is non stop spamming on mobile phones now. This week I have had fake prizes for travel and bunnings.

Now I have received a message on how to fill out my survey. This one I imagine isn't fake but why are they sending these when the vote is via mail anyhow?

Anyone else getting these too?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

@janeababe wrote:

Well, last night, I got a phone call on my mobile.... i didnt recognise the number, immediately thought *cold call* and when i answered it, the caller knew my name and said he was from the YES campaign..... blah blah blah..
I cut him off and stated that I've already voted yes as had my entire household, to which brought forward a multitude of well done's and thank you's, followed by this statement. Now, what I would ask you to do is to contact all your friends and ask them to vote YES in this very important campaign.
I said ok, and goodbye (i was busy) .

Not more than 60secs later, I get a sms on my mobile with this message.

Thanks for committing to text your mates! Make sure you do it right now so that they all post their YES votes ASAP! Get involved at yes.org.au

I have to admit, this annoyed me some what!

I'm NOT doing it......  I did my part. I voted yes and posted it. My job here (as I see it) is done.

If the no side did this with cold calls, there would be outrage in the media.

And you made the right decision not to text your friends about how they should vote. They wouldn't appreciate it.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

I think you are right. No matter which you vote people don't appreciate being told what to do.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@julie-in-oz2 wrote:

I think you are right. No matter which you vote people don't appreciate being told what to do.

Yes. I think it is one thing to say to friends (about any election or voting issue) that you are voting a particular way for x.y & z reasons but it just puts people's backs up if you start hassling them & saying they have to vote the same way. In some cases it might in fact achieve the opposite.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

there really was no need for any advertising, by that i mean anyone to be contacting anyone else to 'tell' them to vote....either way.

its a simple question, if you cant decide without someone telling how you should mark your paper then perhaps you should just opt out.

so just send out the paper, and thats it, nobody telling lies about the outcome either way.

then get the replies.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply