Do you believe Joe Hockey when he says

He doesn't remember seeing the menu at the charity event he was guest of honour at?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-12/mal-brough-says-sorry-for-menu-jibe-at-gillard/4748516

For a man that loves his food I am absolutely sure he would have glanced at the menu, it would also have been a huge talking point, amazing it has not leaked earlier - just goes to show the people that attended have absolutely no decorum - it is just not funny at all.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 140
Latest reply
139 REPLIES 139

How rude of them to do that but I think Hockey would not lie. Not everyone reads the menu.

It puts the latest gender speeches into a new light.

Message 2 of 140
Latest reply

Maybe they had the menus hidden do you think? This man has no credibility whatsoever.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 140
Latest reply

i doubt he read it. It was a set menu. No need to read it

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 4 of 140
Latest reply

I have no idea.... I have been to dinners that have menus that are not supplied in hand, sometimes the wait staff read out the choice, it is possible the menu was never used? however, there is no defence for that kind of thing.

Makes a mockery of this little speech though? was she at the dinner?

Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop called the comments a "crude political ploy from a desperate PM leading a bitterly divided party" and demanded an apology from Ms Gillard.

Message 5 of 140
Latest reply

I sometimes just glance without reading the fine print, especially if it's a set menu or I am busy chatting.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 6 of 140
Latest reply

I will add that I find the whole thing extremely offensive

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 7 of 140
Latest reply

How many people attended I wonder, this would have been a hot topic at the dinner table no doubt, you can't possibly make excuses for any of them.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 140
Latest reply

the event for 20 people, held on March 28.

Message 9 of 140
Latest reply

lobs211
Community Member

OMG - Im goin to hell

I laughed :8}

I thought it was funny but I would never never have done it cos it is SO disrespectful but I still thought it was funny

Am I goin to hell? 😞

Message 10 of 140
Latest reply