Do you like your parents in law?

Do you get along with your in-laws? Why? Why not?
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I love mine.

They're both underground       outtahere.gif

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Me too - same.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Mine were both cremated so they're a bit up in the air

Loved my FIL,.my ex is 7 years older than I am and his dad was an 'older' father so FIL was more like a grandad to me. Told it like it was, no bs

My MIL

Erm............................. she was like a cross between Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond and George's mum from Seinfeld .........I'll say no more .....................................

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Wotsa matter come sit on my lap and tell me all about it HeartWoman LOL

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Like them, or not...

Agree, or disagree with them...

I will always be thankful to them for one thing...

For all their faults, real or perceived, they got one thing right...

And without that one thing they wouldn't be my parents in law, ha ha.

😉

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I loved my inlaws dearly.  He was a chef, and she did expert tailoring.  Both wonderful, generous people, and they literally became very much like parents to me.

Miss them terribly, and I'll never forget them.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I liked mine though we weren't close.

However....I was 'accused' of a couple of minor infractions by the MIL....but they never actually happened.  Alas I was not believed. Every so often, every few years or so, one in particular would be brought up by my (now) ex.  It did get quite tedious. The family never forgot slights and mistakes - real AND imagined.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I love mine.

They're both underground       outtahere.gif

This was going to be my answer too...before I had read anyforther than the thread title.

My first set of inlaws were in Australia.....FIL was a sweetie and I loved him dearly.....MIL changed feet every time she opened her mouth.  Even her two children were amazed at some of her hurtfull utterances.  Thankfully they were in Adelaide and we were in Sydney so we did not see much of them.

My second set of inlaws were OK....they were in Canada so I saw very little of them, otherwise there would have been "words".

They were very selfish. 

They came to Australia for our wedding and stayed on to do some travelling.  When we took them out in the car I was relegated to the back seat so his dad could sit in the front.

MIL sat square in one half of the seat and I was expected to share the rest of the seat with my 2 kids (8 and 12 at the time).  We had a station wagon and the girls usually opted to climb into the back....could not happen now.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Unfortunately I did not have the chance of meeting mine.

But I did receive a letter from my Father in Law, saying, he was happy his son finally came in from the cold.

Interesting.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply