Does it bother you if threads go off topic?

Or if people make off topic posts in threads?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 259
Latest reply
258 REPLIES 258

Re: Does it bother you if threads go off topic?

The board policy hasn't been updated since 2009 and this has been pointed out to eBay and their various moderators many times. eBay wants the benefits of a social community (2.5 x spending power, for example) and expect us to be thrilled to recommend eBay, but they don't put the care or work in. They throw in a twitter and facebook thing and expect wonders.

I think the policy I 'signed' had a disclaimer, of sorts, at the bottom, claiming they could punish for "anything other" at their discretion. So I guess that covers off topic posts on this no-topic board...and the one I received for 'sedition' a few years ago lol

It would certainly help if we had fewer dibber dobbers. It's just SO primary school in here sometimes.

Message 71 of 259
Latest reply

& lots of other chat threads here too Freddie, I think some are using that silly rule against people they have a problem with or whatever
Message 72 of 259
Latest reply

Wahhhhh well i'm in shock, someone has a problem with me.

*cries like a little kindy kid*

Message 73 of 259
Latest reply

Oh Freddie, who would have a problem with you? Woman Very Happy

The following types of postings are cause for immediate post removal, warning, board sanction and/or suspension from the site. Other inappropriate postings not listed below may also warrant removal and/or suspension from the site. eBay reserves the right to remove any post without warning or further notice.

Message 74 of 259
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:
But Az & Buzz, that doesn't explain why some posters are having posts removed for being off topic on here. jMHO but it should only apply to the help boards

I totally agree. No posts should be removed for being off topic to the thread, only the board.

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 75 of 259
Latest reply

Smiley Sad

well it's wrong IMO

Freddie maybe someone just didn't like a post could be another reason,??

Message 76 of 259
Latest reply

just_me_karen wrote:...and the one I received for 'sedition' a few years ago lol

It would certainly help if we had fewer dibber dobbers. It's just SO primary school in here sometimes.

Wikipedia says sedition is: "insurrection against the established order". UMAH! OMG!

It comes from the Sedition Act of 1918 - Alien and Sedition Acts. "Sedition is the stirring up of rebellion against the government in power."

LOL!  JMK got in trouble for stirring up the peasants! Woman LOL

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 77 of 259
Latest reply

Anyway, I hope the mods keep an eye on that one here on CS. it's really not relevant to anything on this board IMO
Message 78 of 259
Latest reply

Haha Buzz, it's true. They were peasants lol

They should add sedition to their updated policies.
Message 79 of 259
Latest reply

I wrote a letter to nprizeman asking for a clear concise explanation as to what "off topic" actually applies to but I am not sure I asked with any clarity..... I was even confusing myself!

Message 80 of 259
Latest reply