Dog Alerts Parents To Child Abusing Babysitter

I know it's Caturday but I liked this feel-good dog story this morning:

A US couple claims their dog alerted them to the fact their one-year-old boy was being physically abused by his babysitter.

South Carolina parents Benjamin and Hope Jordan became suspicious of their babysitter, 22-year-old Alexis Khan, after their pet canine acted aggressively towards her when she went near their son Finn.

Mrs Jordan decided to place a smartphone under a couch to record Khan interacting with their son.

When the couple later listened to the recording, they were horrified to hear "cussing" and "slap noises", and the boy's "pain cry".

They reported the incident to police and Khan was arrested and charged with assault and battery.

Mr Jordan said he met Khan when his son was seven months old and she seemed like a good fit for the job at the time.

"(But) about five months into her being our babysitter, we started to notice that our dog was very defensive of our son when she would come in the door," he said.

"A few times we had to physically restrain (the dog) from going towards her."

Mr Jordan said that after listening to the smart phone recording of Khan abusing his son, he wanted to "reach through the audio tape and grab him up".

"To know that (for) five months I had handed my child to a monster, not knowing what was going on in my house for that day," he said.

"Had our dog not alerted us to the trouble, had my wife's instincts not said we need to make something happen, it could have been Finn that was killed by the babysitter."

Khan pleaded guilty this week and was sentenced to three years in jail, with a one-year non-parole period, and banned from working with children

Click Here To See Video

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Dog Alerts Parents To Child Abusing Babysitter

Great pet dog and thank goodness the parents took notice of it's reaction towards that sitter.

We have a neighbour who recently returned to uni placing her 2 younger children in home care. A lecture was cancelled enabling her to collect the children early by several hours. The children never returned there and the carer reported ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Dog Alerts Parents To Child Abusing Babysitter

awwwwww im crying such a touching story.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply