Don't say you wern't warned!

NSW fires see more than 850,000 hectares destroyed so far in season 'as bad as it gets'

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-11/nsw-bushfires-850000-hectares-destroyed-worst-to-come/1169103...

many years ago after a monumentally bad fire a inquiry was formed to see what our leaders should do in order to be better prepared if the same situation should happen again.

like the puchasing of the canadian super tanker fire fighting planes.

of couse they were expensive but if each state was to purchase 1 then come a day like we are predicting now these planes would all be available to be deployed as a mega fire fighting group.

but no, we were told we dont need them, we can do better with out them.

and anyway, these big fires dont happen very often.

well well well, looks to me like the eastern states are in for fires, big fires, nearly every year!

i just heard on radio where if your considered in a fire prone area (thats just about everyone these days) you can forget insurance cover.

oh, and done mention 'climate change' to the govt, its still a load of you know what to scomo and co.

Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Don't say you wern't warned!

Sky News host Chris Kenny says 'mainstream* Australians know the bushfire crisis was not the work of climate change', as much as left-wing politicians preach otherwise.**

Mr Kenny said the start of the new parliamentary sitting year “was always going to be a testing session” for the Morrison government due to the summer of bushfires and the recent sports rorts scandal which forced Senator Bridget Mckenzie to resign from the frontbench.

The Sky News host said Labor “had their win” when Senator McKenzie resigned, but the party was “silly” if it believed it came out a “winner” when it attacked the prime minister over the bushfire crisis.

“Mainstream Australia knows the fires weren't the work of climate change, as horrible as they were, they know we've seen worse," he said.

*Mainstream must mean the gullible who believe all your right wing BS, because the latest figures show more Australians are concerned about climate change than ever before in the wake of the recent 'natural' disasters.

** Don't you mean the climate experts that have been warning us what's to come for some years now?
Message 71 of 79
Latest reply

martinw-48
Community Member
I love right wingers but only with beans in sauce
Message 72 of 79
Latest reply

Fox U.S's Sean Hannity, an American version of Andrew Bolt,Alan Jones etc. Lies, lies and more lies.
https://youtu.be/LHjFS5f1IT0
Message 73 of 79
Latest reply

martinw-48
Community Member
No myo, you're wrong.
They're not lies.
They're alternate facts
Message 74 of 79
Latest reply

Amazing satellite images of the devastation caused by the bushfires.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-19/australia-bushfires-how-heat-and-drought-created-a-tinderbox/...
Message 75 of 79
Latest reply

No doubt to feed the worlds insatiable appetite for chocolate. Disturbing.

https://news.mongabay.com/2019/08/we-have-cut-them-all-ghana-struggles-to-protect-its-last-old-growt...
Message 76 of 79
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

raising the cost of the policy AFTER the disaster is attempting to recoup the money they are paying out, nothing to do with living in an area of some possible danger.

how many homes burn down in the metroplitan area each year?

must be tripple the number in rural areas.

does every one in the street get a rise in their insurance premium because fred nerk fell asleep and left the stove on?

of course not.

btw, i would imagine once an area has been burnt its going to be a long time before that area would be considered 'dangerous'

nothing left to burn?

the premium should have been set right prior to the fire.

sure if you live in an area where you could be affected by bushfire you should make an effort to lower the risk

and bushfires are not new, so insurance companies should be setting prices to cover them.

The insurance companies are simply responding to the increased risk associated with homes built in fire prone areas due to climate change.

Exactly the same thing has already happened to grain harvesters. There have been significant numbers of harvesters go up in flames in the last few years ( including my brothers ). This is due to changes in crops grown, some of which have fine, flammable dust that sticks to exhaust systems. The insurance companies response is to increase premiums for grain harvesters to the point where it is almost too costly to use and in some cases to refuse to insure the machines at all.

If farmers want to grow highly flammable crops, they accept the risk of harvesters going up in flames without insurance. If people want to live in very high risk, fire prone areas, they need to accept that insurance may be too expensive or perhaps not even offered. Its called taking responsibility for your own decisions and actions. Something many seem to struggle with in today's society. ( its always someone elses fault isnt it ?  )

Spoiler
Not forgetting that everything is SCOMO's fault.......Man Very Happy

Message 77 of 79
Latest reply

Bushfire clean-up delays anger Kangaroo Island residents as businesses suffer from tourist losses

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-26/kangaroo-island-bushfire-labelled-disgrace-as-tourism-slumps/...

just what does my govt spend all that emergency services levy money on i keep paying?

i heard a story a few days ago a fire station in the adelaide hills had to raise the cash themselves for a new fire siren when their old one failed.

id my money being slipped into 'general revenue' to be used as pork barrelling at the next election?

Message 78 of 79
Latest reply

Australia punching above its weight when it comes to warming the planet.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2020/03/11/australian-bushfires-climate-council/
Message 79 of 79
Latest reply