Dr Who

Anyone watch the new Dr Who, very impressed with the new Dr although I was upset when Matt Smith announced he was leaving. Missed Sundays because the stupid T box didn't record anything, lost every channel.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Dr Who

Yes.

And Yes ๐Ÿ™‚

New boy will be good, I think, and has a good rapport with the Clara character. So it's sad and exciting at the same time.

ABC iView will have catch up episodes. On the web or by app.

On iView there was also quite a fun interview with new Dr, When Julia Met the Doctor. About half an hour, available until 9pm 3rd September

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Dr Who

image.jpg

image.jpg

The first episode is still available for a few more days ๐Ÿ™‚

if you have HDMI on your PC and TV, you can hook it up to watch on your TV, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Dr Who

Thanks Amber, I am waiting for my son to pop over and set up the laptop through the TV so Mr B and I can watch it together, otherwise only one of us can have sound. My daughter has gone Dr Who mad as well, all 3 of us except my son who is the reason we didn't just watch it on TV on Sunday - he was visiting and he thinks its lame.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Dr Who

Hubby loves Dr Who as he watched the originals as a kid. I started watching the modern series and was hooked. It's always been a wrench to have a Dr change.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Dr Who

Mr B as well, so did I - it used to really scare me, I would hide behind the chair and kind of half watch it - watch the old ones now and I can't believe how scary I thought they were. Mr B has taken to collecting Daleks, i just counted them - 47 at the moment...sigh...and he has a steel one he made himself years ago, now he is in the process of scratch building a plastic and stainless one.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Dr Who

Not really a Doctor fan, but can someone explain the Police Box?

I know it's the Tardis,  But how did the Poms use the box in actual reality?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Dr Who

I think it had a direct line to the police in case of emergency in a time when not many people had phones?

Edited: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_box
And for police use too before they could contact each other with mobile devices.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Dr Who

That makes sense.   Thanks e m            

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply