PM Announces Aust Arms Airlifts In Iraq

Australian war planes will deliver arms and munitions to Kurdish fighters battling Islamic State militants in Iraq.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has agreed to a United States government request for Australia to transport military equipment on the Royal Australian Air Force C-130J Hercules and C-17A Globemaster aircraft.

Entire Article Here

Oh no, is all I can say.

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

beast id

Message 2 of 89
Latest reply

It's bad news but I suppose Abbott has little choice.

Makes the 'X' marking the target on Australia a little bigger to see though.

Message 3 of 89
Latest reply

I am in support of: RAAF airdrops of humanitarian supplies to thousands of people stranded on Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq.....

but NOT insupport of suggestion of airstrikes: Immigration Minister Scott Morrison declined to comment on reports Australia could also be asked to consider deploying Super Hornets for air strikes.

looks as if Australian Bipartisan mob are supporting this btw.

'evil incarnate' ............is the new phrase

Message 4 of 89
Latest reply

Iraq has essentially just began another civil war, and it's totally unclear how long it's going to last or how it's going to end. And no one's sure what to do about it.....

Any conflict or prelonged war/fighting in Iraq threatens oil supply to the USA....of course!

.....it's all about oil supply.....AGAIN!

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/13/5803712/11-things-iraq-crisis-isis

Message 5 of 89
Latest reply

I can't believe the arrogance. 

Bomb-proof BMWs will replace the Prime Minister's Holden fleet of limousines

The Federal Government is now expected to sign a contract to buy cheaper, off-the shelf BMW High Security 7-series vehicles, at a cost of $525,000 each, which meet higher international standards of protection against ballistic and gas attacks - and which can be serviced in Australia

http://www.news.com.au/national/bombproof-bmws-will-replace-the-prime-ministers-holden-fleet-of-limo...

Message 6 of 89
Latest reply

TA may need better protection than these BMWs IMO

TA going for an early morning jog Downtown Oz ?
Message 7 of 89
Latest reply

I opposed our involvement in the second Gulf War, but this one is different.

This time we are not attempting to depose an established dictator with a questionable human rights record who had to go so the oil can flow.  This time we are dealing with the lowest form of life, a group of religious zealots who regularly commits atrocity after atrocity and then set-up a web page so they brag about it.

What is it that was once said – evil only prospers in an environment where good men stand aside and do nothing.

In any event it appears this is going to be pretty much a side show, with the main event likely to be in Europe.

It appears the Russians are continuing to mass troops on the Ukrainian border. They now have a boots on the ground presence in the country in providing heavy weapons support (tanks, artillery and possibly Anti-aircraft batteries) and appear to be taking casualties. In response, the Ukrainian government has just asked to join NATO, with a lot of the other former Soviet satellite states, voicing concerns as to Russia’s expansionist ambition and possibly doing the same.

Therefore there is now a real possibility it could be outright war within the week. Not limited airstrikes against a few jihadists in the desert. But a full blown conventional war in Europe where at least three possible combatants have nuclear weapons.

This is as serious as it gets.

Message 8 of 89
Latest reply

I am torn................... I think humanitarian aid is necessary but I can't see arming the people to be the solution.

Message 9 of 89
Latest reply

There is a difference between looking for a fight and defending yourself, and yours, because someone doesn’t leave you with an alternative.

Message 10 of 89
Latest reply