PM Announces Aust Arms Airlifts In Iraq

Australian war planes will deliver arms and munitions to Kurdish fighters battling Islamic State militants in Iraq.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has agreed to a United States government request for Australia to transport military equipment on the Royal Australian Air Force C-130J Hercules and C-17A Globemaster aircraft.

Entire Article Here

Oh no, is all I can say.

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Do not be fooled.

We are being peddled that this is a humanitarian issue......how come as SupaNova pointed out in another thread that no-one was too concerned when ISIS was running amok in Syria, nobody did anything then.....????

It is really about access to oil and that US does not want oil supplies messed up with raging fighting between parties.

It is criminal to be organising sending in bombing drones for this reason IMO. CRIMINAL....and Australia will be party to this rubbish.....because Tony Abbot is being told to by his puppet masters.

....appalling.

Message 11 of 89
Latest reply

lakeedge
Community Member

So what is the best thing to do? supply medicines and food but leave them defenceless to protect themselves from mass murder and beheadings?? hmmmmmm.

After we feed them and aid them with medical supplies do we all pat ourselves on the back for a job well done?  then sit back and watch the carnage? hmmmm.

Such a hard decision, she'll be right mate seems to be the consensus on here, we've done our bit, but we don't want to get our hands dirty now do we?.

Is it preferable to be looked upon as cowards whilst watching mass murder and severed heads on our televisions?

Message 12 of 89
Latest reply

Oil

Message 13 of 89
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

Oil

And encircling Russia

Message 14 of 89
Latest reply

@tall_bearded01 wrote:

There is a difference between looking for a fight and defending yourself, and yours, because someone doesn’t leave you with an alternative.

We are nopt defending ourselves.

We are helping out a country in crisis.

Message 15 of 89
Latest reply

BS

oil

Message 16 of 89
Latest reply

I thought my post was, in the context written, quite self-explanatory.

Azureline wrote “I am torn................... I think humanitarian aid is necessary but I can't see arming the people to be the solution”

My Response ‘There is a difference between looking for a fight and defending yourself, and yours, because someone doesn’t leave you with an alternative’.

Context - That is I fully support the Government’s decision to use Australian C130’s and C17’s to supply weapons to the people who are fighting these people, because the fact remains, if our aid was simply restricted to the humanitarian effort then, all we are really accomplishing to make sure someone gets a last meal before being taken to the execution grounds.

That is, in my book providing someone with the means to protect themselves and their’s, is just as important as feeding them.

Message 17 of 89
Latest reply

Oil???? you've got to be kidding, we are witnessing mass murder.

Your simplistic one liner is  unmentionable ......  I am not permitted to say what i really think of it.

Message 18 of 89
Latest reply

@micasheen wrote:

So what is the best thing to do? supply medicines and food but leave them defenceless to protect themselves from mass murder and beheadings?? hmmmmmm.

After we feed them and aid them with medical supplies do we all pat ourselves on the back for a job well done?  then sit back and watch the carnage? hmmmm.

Such a hard decision, she'll be right mate seems to be the consensus on here, we've done our bit, but we don't want to get our hands dirty now do we?.

Is it preferable to be looked upon as cowards whilst watching mass murder and severed heads on our televisions?

What she said

More needs to be done than having them die with full tummies.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 19 of 89
Latest reply

mica: Oil???? you've got to be kidding, we are witnessing mass murder.

Your simplistic one liner is  unmentionable ......  I am not permitted to say what i really think of it.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

er....'war' is all about mass murder. Get real.

This issue is about oil....as was the 'first time' we went in and supported the US....and 'messed up'....and same with Afganistan.

It is about 'control' of a precious resource - oil.

Why are you trying to make out that I am all for war and killing innocent people. I am not.

All I am saying here is that our govt is peddling a reason to support the US bombing of people - baddies and goodies- but innocents amongst them.The US wants to have access to their precious oil supply at all costs and any war/fighting in the area would 'mess up' their access to the oil.....so throwing a few bombs around would end/finish any waging fighting quickly and keep access to oil reserves and supplies open.

Message 20 of 89
Latest reply