Dublin priest tells congregation he is gay – and wins standing ovation

196 REPLIES 196

Re: Dublin priest tells congregation he is gay – and wins standing ovation

So you would prefer there were no gay priests? Is that what you are saying icy?

Photobucket
Message 171 of 197
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

No I don't care either way. I would uncomfortable with a priest standing up at the pulpit in church and telling everyone he's gay though. Not that I'm catholic or go to church anyway.

a. because it's none of my business or anyone else's what his personal sexual leanings are, anymore than I would get up in front of an audience and announce that I was hetero. It would be inappropriate

b. because I would consider it a breach of his celibacy vows.

c. in light of the revelations of child abuse in the church I'd feel I couldn't trust him around children.

I think I made my views why quite clear here and if ppl don't agree, so be it.

Message 172 of 197
Latest reply

c. in light of the revelations of child abuse in the church I'd feel I couldn't trust him around children.

Can you please explain why? I think this is the real problem that most are having with your posts here.

Photobucket
Message 173 of 197
Latest reply

anymore than I would get up in front of an audience and announce that I was hetero. It would be inappropriate

What do you think priests are if they aren't gay?

Photobucket
Message 174 of 197
Latest reply

perhaps read back over my posts Donna. I don't like to repeat myself over and over again.

Message 175 of 197
Latest reply

I think icey is hiding in the closet 🙂

Message 176 of 197
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

perhaps read back over my posts Donna. I don't like to repeat myself over and over again.

I have read them all, I would like you to answer my questions and be specific as there is no evidence to support what you are saying.

Photobucket
Message 177 of 197
Latest reply

That's where the other clothes are kept.    Smiley Wink

Message 178 of 197
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@donnashuggy wrote:

No I don't care either way. I would uncomfortable with a priest standing up at the pulpit in church and telling everyone he's gay though. Not that I'm catholic or go to church anyway.

a. because it's none of my business or anyone else's what his personal sexual leanings are, anymore than I would get up in front of an audience and announce that I was hetero. It would be inappropriate

I think I made my views why quite clear here and if ppl don't agree, so be it.

Icy, you are labouring under a huge misconception here. A priest can be homosexual, heterosexual or even bisexual without breaching his vow of celibacy. these terms refer to a man's sexual orientation (what turns him on, if you like) it does not have to meanhe is sexually active 

I asked you in a previous post if you believed that in order to keep his vow of celibacy  a priest had to be a eunuch.and you agreed that such wasindeed  your belief. I don't think you understand what the word eunuch means. A eunuch is not someone who abstains from sexual  activity,  - it is someone who is incapable of sexual activity. Are you saying you have believed all these years that all priests are (or are supposed to be) impotent?

Message 179 of 197
Latest reply

We all have to remember that priests are highly educated men. It is not easy to become a priest and although there are horror stories most of them choose the priesthood for the right reasons.

Photobucket
Message 180 of 197
Latest reply