Entertainment world deaths 2024

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Glynis Johns, who sang Send in the Clowns and Sister Suffragette on Mary Poppins, dies aged 100 - AB...

I particularly loved her as a mermaid in the film Miranda, when I was small.

RIP Glynis

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I also remember her from that cute but weird mermaid film. She was a wonderful entertainer and always gave the impression of being a very nice person as well as an interesting one.

I’m sorry to read of her passing away.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Actor and singer David Soul passed away on Friday. 

Known mostly for his role in Starsky and Hutch, plus his song, Don't Give up on us Baby. Aged 80yo. 

R.I.P David

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Glynis Johns, who sang Send in the Clowns and Sister Suffragette on Mary Poppins, dies aged 100 - AB...

I particularly loved her as a mermaid in the film Miranda, when I was small.

RIP Glynis

I had the absolute privilege and honour to meet a lady tonight who was 100 years old. What an amazing lady. She must have so many stories to tell, and I would have gladly sat there and listened for hours. She got 7 different letters for her 100th birthday last October. Firstly, from the King, but also other state dignitaries in NSW, and I think the Governor General.  She was so proud. She was secretly sad that she didn't get one from Queen Elizabeth, but was still stoked to get one from the king.

A lovely, spritely lady, who still lives at home. Still mostly independent. Her family help her with the housework and shopping, but she still takes care of herself, cooks and gardens. 

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Thought we already had a thread for 2024.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Not that I could find.

I started this one on 6th January.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Not for you - for Twyn - who began another.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Yes - now we have 2. lol

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

I suggest…. Well, we can distinguish between celebrities and entertainers.

If anything goes horribly wrong with the Kardashians… into the celeb thread they go.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply