FORTITUDE

Is anyone else watching this and if so, are you as confused and frustrated as I am after last nights episode?

What the hell was the "Rachel" thing all about.

First someone smashes a window to get onto a house and wanders round looking for someone called Rachel.

Then it seems Rachel has disappeared and a search party, led by the sheriff sets out to look for her.

Then, while everyone is away, the guy to whom  the sheriff lent a rifle (after confiscating the keys to his snow mobile comes to retrurn the rifle and wanders round looking for him. 

Then, next minute (unless I dozed off and missed a crucial scene) everyone is back and carrying on as normal, with no further mention of either the search or the missing girl,  except for  one brief scene where the sheriff is in the bar (I think) talking to a girl, whom I can only presume to be Rachel, and asking her where she went and whether she saw anyone. Her only response is to ask him if he wants a drink and after a loooooooooong, meaningful (?) silence he gets up and walks out.

confused photo: Confused Confused.gif

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: FORTITUDE

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is confused.  But I think I did doze off last week and could not connect with this episode.  But one thing for sure; I do not like polar bears very much now.

And I am not sure about Broadchurch either.  Maybe I am just getting old and crotchety.  ๐Ÿ™‚

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

It is Natalie who is missing, she is a scientist who worked along side the Professor who was found dead.  The woman in the bar is Elena, who at the time of the murder was doing the deed with Frank in the back shed, but when Frank came back home he was covered in blood not sure where that fits into it yet.

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

I had no idea what was going on in Fortitude, way too confusing. I went to bed ๐Ÿ™‚
I loved the first series of Broadchurch, but I'm not too sure about this one. Is everyone going to be suspect all over again, and who's the new guy?
Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

@bully6084 wrote:

It is Natalie who is missing, she is a scientist who worked along side the Professor who was found dead.  The woman in the bar is Elena, who at the time of the murder was doing the deed with Frank in the back shed, but when Frank came back home he was covered in blood not sure where that fits into it yet.

You're right, it was Natalie - shows how confused I was. To be honest I find it very hard to distinguish between or remember the names of any of the less prominent characters.

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

It is a strange show, but I will keep watching it to see if it starts making sense. Not much else on. 

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

Maybe if we talk about it here we can make some sense out of it.  Nine more episodes to go.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

I plan to stick with it. There are so many competing story lines I'm really curious to see how they manage to resolve them all or whether they are all relevant to each other.

And what do you suppose was the significance of that poor liitle pig?

Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

With the pig I thought she had stumbled across some testing that she wasn't suppose to see.

I want to know why the cop was already in the house of the murdered professor when his friend came across the body.
Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

Then it seems Rachel has disappeared and a search party, led by the sheriff sets out to look for her.

I hope she gets away from the sadistic sheriff trying to rape and abuse her, and the one the sheriff sent to kill her.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 10 of 45
Latest reply