False accusations on facebook.

On Thursday I started seeing shared posts re a man supposedly taking photos of children in a shopping centre. The mother took a photo of said man and shared it on social media virtually accusing him of being a pedophile.......turns out he was taking a selfie in front of a Darth Vadar cutout to send to his kids.

I never share posts like this because there is always the potential that they are simply not true. This post ended up being shared upwards of 20,000 times and the poor man has even been getting death threats ๐Ÿ˜ž

Apparently the woman involved hasnt even apologised personally to him, some of the sharers have though. If it were me I'd be suing the pants off her.

Its time people started thinking and questioning before they believe everything they read on the internet.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

That woman really should apologise loud and clear!  What a stupid irresponsible woman.

Before anyone says better safe than sorry, take it to the police, not to facebook.

Joono
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

That's why I don't share those types of stories. I also don't share those photos stating that for every share Facebook will donate so much money towards their cause. If Facebook is actually behind a cause, they put a post at the top of your news feed.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

I sometimes see posts shared where someone is accusing a partner of stealing the children etc, dont like those either. Some people could be unwittingly helping an abuser find his/her victims. Some things just shouldnt be splashed all over social media unless the police are backing it. There's just no way of knowing the truth in these situations.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

Some people could be unwittingly helping an abuser find his/her victims. Some things just shouldnt be splashed all over social media unless the police are backing it. There's just no way of knowing the truth in these situations.

Yes, I can just imagine somebody like Rosie Batty's husband claiming she is keeping his son away from him.  Too terrifying if people would be helping men like him.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I got so sick of FB, that i de-activated my account. 

That was about 2mths ago now, and i dont even miss it.

Is anything posted on FB real anyway? not much!  Although i did like the meme's  ๐Ÿ™‚

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

They should name and shame the woman, there's a good chance she's destroyed the reputation of an innocent person for life, mud sticks.

Then sue the **bleep** off her

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

And you believe what is posted on CS? I dont most of the time
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Tend to agree with that Bushies.  There is a lot of BS on CS.

Joono
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply