Nepal earthquake

At least 1500 people are dead after an earthquake in Nepal with many Australians among the missing. The earthquake also triggered an avalanche at Everest base camp, which resulted in the death of 13 people. A dreadful situation with fatalaties occuring in 4 countries - Nepal, Tibet, India and Bangladesh.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-25/nepal-earthquake-people-die-buildings-collapse-kathmandu/64216...

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Nepal earthquake

it's tragic Blue,  total devastion there... huge loss of life and destruction of ancient buildings.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

Terrible, hope they get quick help. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

So tragic.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

@***super_nova*** wrote:

Terrible, hope they get quick help. 

yes, I was thinking that too

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

There have been reports that entire villages are gone. Woman Sad

Nepal's only international airport has been damaged and is closed for safety reasons.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

It's shocking.  What a horrible catastrophe and loss of life.  I hope the whole world will send help.

candle1.gif

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

Those poor poor people, how sad ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

the news from there just gets worse and worse, this is an amazing film of an aftershock

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/apr/26/cctv-aftershocks-tibet-nepal-earthquake-video?CMP...

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Nepal earthquake

All that talk about two drug runners, and not much care about millions of innocent people loosing everything through no fault of their own.

Not only is their Airport damaged and not big or safe enough for all the Aid planes to land. There are remote places where help can not get to as quickly as is needed.

Medical help from all over the world is trying to get there, and the biggest problems are fresh water, food and shelter. Sanitary problems will cause more sickness and babies are in much danger of catching fatal deseases.

I feel so sorry and helpless not to be able to go there myself to be of use to Red Cross anymore.

Those are the people that deserve our attention and care. Not a couple of greedy criminals. Their families will rake in millions $ and glorify the life of those thugs.

Erica

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply