False accusations on facebook.

On Thursday I started seeing shared posts re a man supposedly taking photos of children in a shopping centre. The mother took a photo of said man and shared it on social media virtually accusing him of being a pedophile.......turns out he was taking a selfie in front of a Darth Vadar cutout to send to his kids.

I never share posts like this because there is always the potential that they are simply not true. This post ended up being shared upwards of 20,000 times and the poor man has even been getting death threats ๐Ÿ˜ž

Apparently the woman involved hasnt even apologised personally to him, some of the sharers have though. If it were me I'd be suing the pants off her.

Its time people started thinking and questioning before they believe everything they read on the internet.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@lionrose.7 wrote:

I like face book, today I said Happy birthday to two relatives from over seas.

I talk to my children over seas and the grand children.

I play games when I am bored.

I have my face book on private so rarely get a lot of junk stuff.

Being set to private doesn't mean people on your friends list won't post this stuff.  I had to unfollow a cousin because she was driving me mad with all the carp she was posting

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

You dont have to unfriend anyone just because you dont like all the rubbish they are posting... all you have to do is *hide all posts from so-and-so*  and then they wont come up in your news feed.

I dont undertstand why people who have different opinions have to be down on each other all the time!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

I told a friend off because he kept posting anti muslim stuff, I got sick of going to the I dont want to see this so I told him off and he blocked me, I laughed and thought good saves me from blocking you.

Dont want to be friends with someone like that

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

You dont have to unfriend anyone just because you dont like all the rubbish they are posting... all you have to do is *hide all posts from so-and-so*  and then they wont come up in your news feed.

I dont undertstand why people who have different opinions have to be down on each other all the time!

I didn't unfriend them, I 'unfollowed' them which means I don't see any of their posts, but they are still on my friends list

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@siggie-reported-by-alarmists wrote:

Selfies are so stupid. 

If only the man was able to take a photo of something without the need to be in the photo.

What a stupid woman...... she knows how to use facebook...... and couldn't tell the man was taking a selfie?.......bs.

I hope he has a solicitor.

So do I but he has already said to the Police not to take it further.
I would have thought it wasn't up to him, that if she broke the law, the Police should act and didn't think
discretion as to whether to charge or not extended this far.
She could have lost everything.
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

I notice in the media that it has affected her kids now.

She is very lucky that Social Media hasn't been used to expose her and her family and where they live,

although I think that might happen in the future.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply