Father stones daughter to death

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/syrian-father-stones-adulterous-daughter-to-death-in-video-shared-...

In accordance with islamic sharia law and the holy book, the koran, this poor girl has been executed.

Message 1 of 227
Latest reply
226 REPLIES 226

Re: Father stones daughter to death

@polksaladallie wrote:

No, I have posted some C and P three times, and it won't post.

I get that sometimes, mostly if the post has a large amount of characters. If I see my post comes up blank I hit "edit reply" and re-insert the post. That usually works.

Message 121 of 227
Latest reply

That is okay I apologise to you. I should not resort to doing what I did.

Am only here because I am trying to get little one to sleep.

I feel I was standing up for what I believe in as well.

Icy I am not against abortion but I am for the baby being the wrong sex. But as you said another discussion.

I really should get off here.mi won't be back here. Have a nice day. Again catch you later.
Message 122 of 227
Latest reply

@goldenjet16 wrote:
Oranges and apples.... Complete different debate.

How's this?

India

Honor killings have been reported in northern regions of India, mainly in the Indian states of Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, as a result of people marrying without their family's acceptance, and sometimes for marrying outside their caste or religion. In contrast, honor killings are rare to non-existent in South India and the western Indian states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. In some other parts of India, notably West Bengal, honor killings completely ceased about a century ago, largely due to the activism and influence of reformists such as Vivekananda, Ramakrishna, Vidyasagar and Raja Ram Mohan Roy.

The Indian state of Punjab has a large number of honor killings. According to data compiled by the Punjab Police, 34 honor killings were reported in the state between 2008 and 2010: 10 in 2008, 20 in 2009, and four in 2010.

Haryana is also notorious for incidents of honor killing, mainly in the upper caste of society, among rajputs and jaats. Bhagalpur in the eastern Indian state of Bihar has also been notorious for honor killings. Recent cases include a 16-year-old girl, Imrana, from Bhojpur who was set on fire inside her house in a case of what the police called 'moral vigilantism'. The victim had screamed for help for about 20 minutes before neighbours arrived, only to find her smouldering body. She was admitted to a local hospital, where she later died from her injuries. In May 2008, Jayvirsingh Bhadodiya shot his daughter Vandana Bhadodiya and struck her on the head with an axe. In June 2010 some incidents were reported even from Delhi.

Message 123 of 227
Latest reply

The post doesn't come up at all. even after it says "success, go to your post"

Gremlins indeed.  I give up.

Message 124 of 227
Latest reply

Allie,

The mods are from Australia they must not agree with your post. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 125 of 227
Latest reply

They must be Indian.

Message 126 of 227
Latest reply

goldenjet16 wrote:
Allie,

The mods are from Australia they must not agree with your post. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes that's possible.

If there' s something in there the modbots don't like, it won't post.

It's frustrating if you've gone to a lot of trouble to compose a brilliant post with all sorts of reference links only to find it won't post.

Message 127 of 227
Latest reply

India

Honor killings have been reported in northern regions of India, mainly in the Indian states of Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, as a result of people marrying without their family's acceptance, and sometimes for marrying outside their caste or religion. In contrast, honor killings are rare to non-existent in South India and the western Indian states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. In some other parts of India, notably West Bengal, honor killings completely ceased about a century ago, largely due to the activism and influence of reformists such as Vivekananda, Ramakrishna, Vidyasagar and Raja Ram Mohan Roy.

The Indian state of Punjab has a large number of honor killings. According to data compiled by the Punjab Police, 34 honor killings were reported in the state between 2008 and 2010: 10 in 2008, 20 in 2009, and four in 2010.

Haryana is also notorious for incidents of honor killing, mainly in the upper caste of society, among rajputs and jaats. Bhagalpur in the eastern Indian state of Bihar has also been notorious for honor killings.] Recent cases include a 16-year-old girl, Imrana, from Bhojpur who was set on fire inside her house in a case of what the police called 'moral vigilantism'. The victim had screamed for help for about 20 minutes before neighbours arrived, only to find her smouldering body. She was admitted to a local hospital, where she later died from her injuries. In May 2008, Jayvirsingh Bhadodiya shot his daughter Vandana Bhadodiya and struck her on the head with an axe. In June 2010 some incidents were reported even from Delhi.

Hooray!!!!!  Success.

Message 128 of 227
Latest reply

polky, it's probably all the links in that post.

Message 129 of 227
Latest reply

Now you see it. now you don't.

Never happened before.

Well. it was about the number of honour killings of girls in India.  It is cultural, relating to castes, not religious.

Message 130 of 227
Latest reply