Fed up with Kevin McLeod & Stephen Fry :(

silverfaun
Community Member

Not the ABC, the KSC

Am I the only one who has noticed that the ABC’s summer (and other times, too) television programming is dominated by two incredibly irritating Pommy prats, Kevin McCloud and Stephen Fry?  I cannot bear either of them and yet, we have program upon program compered by these two self-centred half-wits.

Take Kevin McCloud (we call him Harry High pants, check out the early series) – what a green-obsessed, pretentious tosser.  The other night we caught a bit of a program where he was in effect berating the not-very-well-off couple for ordering a kit home.  What – not a kit home?  What they really should have done, according to Kevin, is commission an architect to design some completely impractical and expensive abode made out of driftwood and hemp.

And as for Stephen Fry, who evidently thinks Australians should be incarcerated because of our annoying accents (the upward inflexion at the end of sentences does not go down well with this Oxbridge educated bore), is on program after program, including the ridiculous and dreary QI.  This program really needs to be renamed  - NI.

To be frank, I would rather have repeats of repeats of some of the entertaining drama and comedy produced locally for the ABC – The Library, The Moodys, The Slap, The Time of our Lives, Upper Middle Bogan, etc.  Anything but more Kevin and Stephen.

by Judith Sloan.

I'm afraid I have to agree 100% with Judith's complaint. Weeks & weeks of re runs of Grand Designs & now they have gone back to when Kevin had hair. And Stephen Fry! OMG...  he's everywhere, pretentious bumptious snob, I'm so sick of him.

Message 1 of 103
Latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

Re: Fed up with Kevin McLeod & Stephen Fry :(

@lloydslights wrote:

I like both.  Actually, his Jeeves (with Hugh Laurie's Wooster) was my initial adoration of Stephen Fry.  They are both "thinkers" and "learners" and have therefore, a certain authority of their chosen subjects.  

I am about to admit something else.  I read all 3 of the 'Grey' books.  This was an exercise in discovering others' reading pleasure and how characters/people can live their lives and perhaps adjust their outlooks.  It also reinforced my philosophy of reading the not so good to really appreciate excellent literature like Stephen Fry's penchant for Oscar Wilde......my own "thinking" and "learning" process!

DEB

You read all 3 Grey books in the interests of research?

Woman LOL

Message 51 of 103
Latest reply

I read 50 Shades too. I now litter my conversation with phrases such as "Oh My!" lol

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

Ahhhh.....wellllll........mental stimulation?  Ha Ha!!

Message 53 of 103
Latest reply

and I quite often bite my lower lip ........

(that puts flush out who's telling the truth about not reading it hehe)

Puts = outta

It is not only the ABC that is littered with reruns, look across all the free to air channels, the majority of stuff is "catchup" as they call it these days. 

Message 57 of 103
Latest reply

Foxtel is doing the re run thing also......but that's okay.......there's enough Chanel's to still find something new...or watch fav re runs..

February always brings new episodes.....Woman Happy

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 58 of 103
Latest reply

@moderatemolly wrote:
and, of course, this whole thread actually has nothing to do with McLeod or Fry. It a thinly disguised ramp up to "ditch the ABC"

No it is not. Your comment is hostile and off topic. Care to post a revised comment?? Robot LOL

Message 59 of 103
Latest reply

I love watching Grand Designs and I used to greatly admire Kevin McLeod, but I found him patronising in the series in which he was providing housing for the poor.

I love Stephen Fry. I find some of the guests on QI irritating but I do enjoy Stephen's intelligent, quick wit.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 60 of 103
Latest reply