Had my son's 21st. --- is this normal now adays??

Hi had my sons 21st.  Posted out formal invitations stating dinner, drinks and alcohol provided.  Spent a fortune on the party.  Out of 60 there was nearly 20 that never got back even with another friendly text. 

around 35 kids came.  What got me is only a handful of kids actually gave him anything.  Most came empty handed even some of his close friends.  I dont know but i find that blimmin rude its not the money or presents but gosh wouldnt you want to bless your friend with even something small??  I would never go to any party without anything.  My kids would never go to a party without anything.  My son spends around $70 when he goes to partys.

THEN only a handful of kids actually thanked us for having them.  Most walked right past us and said nothing.  REALLY doesnt parents teach kids manners anymore????  No wonder my kids friends parents rave how well mannered my kids are.  THey would NEVER not go upto the parents to thank them.  How hard is it???   Needed to vent as i dont want to say anything to my son as he did enjoy the party but felt for him that most people cant even think to even give him a $10 present.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Had my son's 21st. --- is this normal now adays??

tiggywink92 wrote:.  I just feel like some of his friends that come over alot and we spend alot of money getting take away or feeding  them etc to come with nothing made me so dam angry that i feel like being taken for granted.

Well now you know not to keep feeding them all the time.

They obviously can't tell the difference between a free feed just because they turn up at your home and a free feed when they are formally invited to a milestone event in your son's life.

I am just glad my daughter is the one coping with teenage parties now....I am afraid I would lose patience with some of the young ones and their offhand rude behaviour.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

can you imagine taking your child to a kids party without a present lol.  Im just so angry

My son is a lovely kid.  Hes always happy and everyone loves being around him.  He was just happy most of all his friends came.  So really im happy they all came as it would of been even more upsetting if hardly anyone bothered to come.  Hes not fussed people didnt bring anything hes not a greedy kid more likes to bless others.  He seemed to enjoy the night

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

i know i think they just think we have the money so we will just pay out all the time.

Gosh i even posted to all the neighbours around us about the party and said that we will keep the noise down and end at midnight.  WIsh these blimmin neighbours would shut their DAM DOGS UP.  Im over neighbours working all hours and think its a great idea to get a puppy and then get another one for that puppy and we have to listen to 6 dogs around us all blimmin day.  Okay ive really had my vent now lol

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Nice to hear you have a good son- me too! 

Thinking about it, I can imagine my son being OK with it too..so maybe that part is generational? But to treat you (as the host) like that is not OK..Doesn't matter their age- it's about being aware that they are guests..To have to accept their behaviour and also be grateful they didn't wreck your place seems like missing the point a bit!

Regardless of age, no one likes to be taken for granted..

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Vent all you like...I hear ya!! lol..

Can the Council do anything??I always feel sorry for the dog.., I'm thinking wow that dog must be bored, barking all day like that.Some people don't deserve pets.But that's a whole other story haha

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

oh forget the council they are hopeless.  Us neighbours cant believe how many blimmin dogs are moving in our area that we are having to keep putting blimmin letters in their letterbox or get hubby to go and tell them to leave it inside.  Our golden barks one or twice and thats only once a month so the neighbours have no idea we have a dog here.  THat is because i decided to wait until i was home with the kids to have a dog not throw it out and go to work 12 hours a day.  The new dog 2 doors up is blimmin bored sometimes they are not home for 17 hours!!! there is no protection from the rain or sun so im dam angry this lady got a rescue dog and the poor dog is worse off.  HOnestly why do people get dogs and leave it outside 24/7???

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply