Heading south for a week or so

I haven't been southbound for probably six years.

I will definitely be in Sydney. Maroubra, and I would no doubt check out the old haunts. Newtown, and of course The Rocks.

Hopefully down to Melbourne for a day or two.

How much change in six years, am I going to get lost Woman LOL

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Have fun.

Are you going to be driving around? If so, you may want to read up about e-tags for tolls in Sydney.. Melbourne too?

If getting around Sydney by public transport.. an Opal Card (bought online) might be the best option.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I don't know if this thread can help you out, it's from earlier this year so not too old 🙂

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/We-are-going-to-Sydney/m-p/1394671#M360272

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

In Melbourne there are toll freeways that you need a tag for, you can buy them at the post office.

For all public transport you will need a Myki card, bought from milk bar or other places, just google, they need to be topped up if running low, this can be done at milk bars train stations and elsewhere............best to google the whole lot.

Enjoy your holiday!

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

You can buy full fare myki at train station myki machines too, and top up the mykis in them, check credit left, etc. the myki itself costs 6$ for a full fare one so when you get one, whatever you put on it will be your travel credit minus 6$ for the card itself. The card has a several year expiry date but replacement ones are free so hang onto it if you come to Melbourne and get a myki.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Thank you folks, these are the things that I had no idea about.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Well Maroubra has changed heaps in 6 years but Newtown is still exactly the same!

Let me know if you need names for restaurants or cafes.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

Well Maroubra has changed heaps in 6 years but Newtown is still exactly the same!

Let me know if you need names for restaurants or cafes.

I used to live in Beautiful downtown Newtown.

Ex went to Sydney Uni. I worked at RPA. Not at the same time.

We sold up and moved to Melbourne in 1984. Trendy had just started happening.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Are you taking the family with you?

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Hi CM, I have  Myki card that has about $25 on it if you are going to Melbourne and planning on using public transport. I was just down there recently so haven't had it long. Let me know if you want it, I will get it to you xx

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply