Hunting photo costs Axelle Despielaere L'Oreal contract

Days after nabbing a L'Oreal contract after being spotted in a World Cup crowd, a Belgian teen has been dropped by the cosmetics company.

Seventeen-year-old Axelle Despiegelaere was dubbed the "most beautiful" football supporter after getting noticed in the stands of the Belgium v South Korea game.

Days later, makeup giant L'Oreal announced it had signed the girl to a contract.

But the contract was torn up on Friday after a series of photos emerged on Facebook of Despiegelaere posing beside dead animals with a macabre joke.

"Hunting is not a matter of life or death," she wrote under a photo of a dead oryx gazelle.

"It's much more important than that … this was about 1 year ago … ready to hunt americans today haha."

Article With Picture Here

I agree with the comments.

A bit hypocritical of L'Oreal. They rip up the contract because they don't want a backlash by animal activists, but they probably have no qualms about testing their product on live animals in the laboratories.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not a good look at all.

icy this was stated under that write up that L'Oreal DO NOT test on Animals

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

Not a good look at all.

What write up was that, Lion?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

At the very end of the article you posted, icy, it says

L'Oreal emphasised they do not test their cosmetics on animals

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@lionrose.7 wrote:

Not a good look at all.

What write up was that, Lion?

If you look at the article in the link, scroll down to the very bottom, you will see this posted:

'L'Oreal emphasised they do not test their cosmetics on animals.'

It's underneath the bottom picture of the young lady in the article, dressed in supporters get up.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

Not a good look at all.

I believe that is untrue; many cosmetic companies say that but any of them that sells to China has to test on animals because the Chinese law demands it.  And as far as i know L'Oreal does sell to China.

But I think the contract got torn not because she was hunting, but because she said the next she will hunt Americans.  That sounds that she does not like the USA very much, and that is not a good look. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply