Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: I don't like Welfare bludgers

@nero_bolt wrote:

1010482_750692641632628_5466464577887836642_n.jpg

You got a job nero ??

You gainfully employed are you ??

Well lucky you.............

my friend was retrenched 16 months ago after the company he worked for went bust - he worked for them for 27 years !

No redundancy coz they went bankrupt - my friend is 51 years old and has been looking for work ever since, he started mowing lawns for god's sake to get a bit of spending money.

He gets $658.00 a fortnight, he pays $350 a fortnight for rent, so he has $150 a week to party on with, yes, he is having a ball - so long as he doesn't need power or petrol, or to pay rego on a car (or food to eat) he is in heaven.

So sick of this - yes there are bludgers, but a hell of a lot aren't - they aare freaking desperate

So - tell me Nero  - Could you live on $154 a week.

So sick of this **bleep**

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 21 of 64
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

A leading campaigner against welfare cuts who claimed to be too sick to work has taken a £75,000-a-year job with the firm used by the Government to reform disability benefits.

Sue Marsh, a darling of the Left who has railed against Iain Duncan Smith’s reforms for the last five years, has been recruited by Maximus, the US firm that has taken over a controversial ‘fitness for work’ test for benefit claimants.

Her volte face has infuriated supporters, who have branded her a ‘Judas’ and a ‘sell-out’.

Mrs Marsh said she had undergone an ‘enormous – almost cosmic – mindset shift’ that had led her to accept a job as the company’s ‘head of customer experience’.

She had previously claimed that in Maximus, the Department for Work and Pensions had sought out the ‘worst provider they could find’ to assess claimants of disability benefits.

Mr Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions Secretary, welcomed Mrs Marsh’s decision. He said: ‘I would be the first person to congratulate anyone who gets a job. I’m sure there will be some whose negative attitudes to our reforms mean they will criticise her move. They should be ignored.’

Mrs Marsh ran a blog called the ‘Diary of a Benefits Scrounger’, detailing her difficulties in trying to be declared unfit for work due to Crohn’s disease.

She was eventually placed into the ‘support group’ for employment and support allowance, the main sickness benefit, which is for people judged unable to work or even attend interviews.She was an architect of the Spartacus campaign, which accused the Government of cruelty and incompetence in its efforts to cut the welfare bill.

Mrs Marsh, who was championed on Twitter by supporters including Lord Prescott, Alastair Campbell, Stephen Fry and Billy Bragg, also appeared at the Labour conference in 2013 and wrote regularly for the Guardian.

Late last year, Maximus was awarded a three-and-a-half year contract to take over delivery of the ‘work capability assessment’ – the test of claimants’ ability to work – from the much-criticised Atos Healthcare.

Announcing her new job, she admitted she had ‘agonised’ about how to tell her supporters of her decision and said she was motivated only by a desire to improve the system.

‘Those who doubt my intentions and with different goals to mine will almost certainly be critical and, in a sense, I understand that response. If I didn’t know me I might be sceptical too,’ she said.

She said Maximus had given her ‘fairly free rein’ to bring about ‘improvements to the service from a customer perspective’. She added: ‘Of course there are considerable benefits to both myself and Maximus in this development. I will be giving the same 300 per cent passion and commitment to them that I have been giving to campaigning.’

Mrs Marsh’s former supporters lined up to condemn her.

Writing on her website, one said: ‘I am so sorry to say this but I feel betrayed so much I can only now call you Judas.’

Another, Peter Farrington, said: ‘I have to add my name to the list sickened by this decision. So sickened I don’t even want to try to explain why I find this a betrayal of the trust so many of us placed in you in recent years, Sue.’

Tony Cyphus branded Mrs Marsh a ‘sell-out’, adding: ‘What happened to “I’m in so much pain I can’t work”? I can’t wait to see how much of a hypocrite you turn out to be. You have just marked yourself for a life of hate.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2917434/Judas-Left-s-rage-benefits-activist-joins-75k-m-Anti...

I remember Mrs Marsh - she used to advertise butter or margarine or something, didn't she?

Message 22 of 64
Latest reply

Each and every one of us is only one slip on a wet floor away from  being on welfare ourselves.

Your pefect life could change in the blink of an eye.

Think about that the next time you feel like having a cheap dig at someone on benefits.

Message 23 of 64
Latest reply

Toothpaste.  
@rabbitearbandicoot wrote:

I remember Mrs Marsh - she used to advertise butter or margarine or something, didn't she?

Toothpaste.
IT DOES GET IN!

Message 24 of 64
Latest reply

woops, I forgot my FIL is on welfare, he gets a pension. Currently he pays 85% of it to the nursing hime and we sold his house so he could pay another $1500 a month so he can live there.

Lucky he had a house to sell.

I wouldn't call him a bludger though.

Message 25 of 64
Latest reply

Toothpaste...the lady with the chalk and the blue ink.

Message 26 of 64
Latest reply

Sorry greencat...my reply was meant for nero_bolt...I agree 100% with what you wrote.

Message 27 of 64
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:
Geez GC way over the top there with your post. Way to emotional
Your friend is looking and doing what he can so that doesnt make him a welfare bludger, it puts him in the I am having a  go box and thats all most people expect. 

@nero_bolt wrote:

You got a job nero ??

You gainfully employed are you ??

Well lucky you.............

my friend was retrenched 16 months ago after the company he worked for went bust - he worked for them for 27 years !

No redundancy coz they went bankrupt - my friend is 51 years old and has been looking for work ever since, he started mowing lawns for god's sake to get a bit of spending money.

There you go, he isnt a welfare bludger now is he..... He is havinga  go and good luck to him and I hope he gets a job

He gets $658.00 a fortnight, he pays $350 a fortnight for rent, so he has $150 a week to party on with, yes, he is having a ball - so long as he doesn't need power or petrol, or to pay rego on a car (or food to eat) he is in heaven.

So sick of this - yes there are bludgers, but a hell of a lot aren't - they aare freaking desperate

This thread is aimed at the blugers, no where do I have a go at anyone that is trying to get work and doing the right thing

So sick of this **bleep**

Why are you sick of this?  I never put your friend in the BLUDGER box and this post isnt about people like him. Its about the bludgers and professional welfare recipients  Your friend is not one of them now is he  

Message 28 of 64
Latest reply

Thanks lurker172602 AND lyne-flyn. Of course! Toothpaste.

You have to make allowances for me my brain is shrinking.

Message 29 of 64
Latest reply

Yes you do, it is always your way or the freaking highway when you post -

and like I said, they are not all lazy bludgers.

Let me know any time you want to send him your fortnightly pay, and he'll send you his fortnighly pay, and see who starts squeaking first about not enough to live on.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 30 of 64
Latest reply