I don't like Welfare bludgers

nero_bolt
Community Member

1010482_750692641632628_5466464577887836642_n.jpg

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: I don't like Welfare bludgers

icy - Welfare was never meant to be a living. It was meant to be an assistance.

Show us some proof of these people ( many of them according to the OP) living a good life on welfare?

Newstart allce (dole) (single rate) is $250 approx a week (plus a little bit more for rent assistance). That is barely enough to cover rent & food, other costs like electricity.

Message 41 of 64
Latest reply

@lurker172602 wrote:

Has this thread got any purpose?

No.

Message 42 of 64
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

@lurker172602 wrote:

No.

It's purpose is to pick on the downtrodden who are struggling below the poverty line.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 43 of 64
Latest reply

@nero_bolt wrote:

1010482_750692641632628_5466464577887836642_n.jpg

How is the fruit picking going?

Photobucket
Message 44 of 64
Latest reply

Welfare especially if there is children keeps families well below the poverty line, some time children have to go to school with no lunches, no rain coats and shoes in the rain.

That is in NZ, think it would be the same in Australia.

I pay money to the lunches in schools scheme as I believe children can not learn when they are hungry.

They did a survey and looked in peoples fridges on welfare a day before payment, fridges were bare.

But Nero can get on his large soap box and talk a load of rubbish.

Nero you should be ashamed of your self and get out there a help people that are struggling it may open you eyes.

Message 45 of 64
Latest reply

Sorry, Gleee, I hadn't realized that 30 years of working closely with these people, particularly the chronically long-term unemployed, doesn't make me somewhat of an expert in the field!

Or provide me with some measure of experience...

I suppose I should rely instead on a limited circle of unemployed friends, hunches and my gut feeling instead?

Please...feel free to get back to me after your 30 years in the field!

bum_community_offended_961755.jpg

Message 46 of 64
Latest reply

Welfare especially if there is children keeps families well below the poverty line, some time children have to go to school with no lunches, no rain coats and shoes in the rain.

A single parent with 4 kids gets about $900 per week.

Show us some proof of these people ( many of them according to the OP) living a good life on welfare?

I know people recieving newstart and FTB whilst running 2 cash businesses. They have a pretty good life. Lots of holidays etc. I also know others working cash jobs and receiving disabilty benefits.

I read the OP as "I dont like welfare bludgers" not "I dont like people on welfare". Its great to have a welfare system to help when people are in trouble, but certainly there are plenty that abuse it.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 47 of 64
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

@lurker172602 wrote:

No.

I think it's purpose is to antagonize the people that are actually collecting fraudulent benefits...  

Message 48 of 64
Latest reply

@evil_akuma_2002 wrote:

Sorry, Gleee, I hadn't realized that 30 years of working closely with these people, particularly the chronically long-term unemployed, doesn't make me somewhat of an expert in the field!

Or provide me with some measure of experience...

I suppose I should rely instead on a limited circle of unemployed friends, hunches and my gut feeling instead?

Please...feel free to get back to me after your 30 years in the field!

bum_community_offended_961755.jpg

What is that all about?

Where did I say anything about your 30 years of service?

Message 49 of 64
Latest reply

@secondhand-wonderland wrote:

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

@lurker172602 wrote:

No.

I think it's purpose is to antagonize the people that are actually collecting fraudulent benefits...  

Surely no one posting here in receiving fraudulent welfare benefits.  

Way too many here in the US receive these benefits fraudulently.  No one ever taught them how to get off of their butt and get a job.  Seriously, I don't care if it's flipping burgers.....that has to be better for one's self esteem than sitting around feeling sorry for oneself, and waiting for the next check to arrive in the mail.

I can't imagine such a scenario.  I wasn't raised that way.

Message 50 of 64
Latest reply