I want one... I'm not 100% on which one to get yet!

You either like them or hate them.

I'm a huge fan - if it's hung by someone who knows what they're doing that is. Smiley Wink 

Of course the photo or art design needs to be pretty cool too and hung in the correct place.

Nothing like the wallpapers I remember in my teens like when my stepfather had cartoons of topless women hung in our toilet (says alot about the man). This was the 70's and anything out rages was the go back then, the amount of drunken parties saw every nipple raised over the years by p*ssed guest sticking pins in them. Wow... thems were the days!! Smiley Frustrated  

Also those shocking, bright orange ring wallpapers... OMG!

Enough of the 70's...

Check these photos of wallpapers and murals out! 

wallpaper+murals

The wall I'm wanting to cover is in a spare bedroom - 3.4 mt (w) x 2,3 mt (h) clear of any windows or furniture. 

The murals come in 3.8 x 2.7 seem standard size. 

I like this one the best so far; 

mural 

Any one had experience with murals able to give me some first hand knowledge would be great please. ♥  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

What do you need to know ?
Photobucket
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Hi Kilroy,

The measurements are actual for the mural above (8 panels). To fit it on our space would you cut all off top for height then both sides for length or should we cut top and bottom as well?

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Find the picture would like then take it a signwriters who do large format digital printing take your measurements and should be able to make it to size if they are any good, it shouldn't cost you any more than about $135 +gst per Sqm , remember to allow a bleed as the wall will more than likely not be square
Photobucket
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

If you go with the photo you have there crop evenly off all sides other wise you will shift the central view
Photobucket
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks Kilroy,

I'm pretty sure we'll go with the mural I put up above. It's at a shop in Nundah so I can check it out next week as I'm in North Lakes.

My husband just suggested it might be worth getting them to price up for the installation.

Cheers,
Di

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Qld ?
I would also suggest that you get it uv coated as it will make it easier to clean and fade slower
Photobucket
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Yeah, we moved from Redcliffe to North Lakes in November after 15 years, but most of my family live in Noosa Shire.

Thanks for the tip on uv coating.I'll check it out. 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

The photo would suit a qld house
Photobucket
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

That's beautiful and really I think it is but it's interesting to see how things turn around.  

When my parents bought a house back when I was in my teens it was the first thing that they removed.  They were all the rage in the years before they bought the house.  In those days it was forest scenes.

Not what you wanted to hear but it is first hand knowledge.

Joono
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply