Is Joe Bullock a homophobe?

Mr Shorten tagged an opponent a homophobe for questioning the ALP's worship of same sex marriage. Should he now tag a fellow ALP member a homophobe?

Senator Joe Bullock quits citing Labor's support for 'homosexual marriage'

West Australian senator Joe Bullock has announced he is retiring from politics citing an inability to support the Labor Party's position requiring MPs to vote in favour of same-sex marriage.

Calling it "homosexual marriage," the 61-year-old right-wing senator told Parliament on Tuesday night that he was "morally obliged" to quit, just two years after entering Parliament because he could not agree with the party's decision to impose a binding vote on MPs from 2019.

He said his decision to retire began when he was asked how he could support the Labor Party given his view on same sex marriage.

[...]

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/senator-joe-bullock-quits-citing-labors-suppor...

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is Joe Bullock a homophobe?

Maybe and if he was labelled one because he wouldn't support a 'Yes' vote that would make the former PM one too.
If the members of the LNP took the same steps as Bullock,they'd be down at least 3 more: Abbott,Bernardi and Christensen.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@village_person wrote:

Mr Shorten tagged an opponent a homophobe for questioning the ALP's worship of same sex marriage. Should he now tag a fellow ALP member a homophobe?

Senator Joe Bullock quits citing Labor's support for 'homosexual marriage'

West Australian senator Joe Bullock has announced he is retiring from politics citing an inability to support the Labor Party's position requiring MPs to vote in favour of same-sex marriage.

Calling it "homosexual marriage," the 61-year-old right-wing senator told Parliament on Tuesday night that he was "morally obliged" to quit, just two years after entering Parliament because he could not agree with the party's decision to impose a binding vote on MPs from 2019.

He said his decision to retire began when he was asked how he could support the Labor Party given his view on same sex marriage.

[...]

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/senator-joe-bullock-quits-citing-labors-suppor...

Hypocrisy was never in short supply in the ranks of the ALP. Just have to look at the Bronwyn Bishop/ Tony Burke travel rorts

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

If you don't agree with the progressive hard leftist views you are labeled a homophobe and a bigot. This is the new level of public debate it  has sunk to.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Well maybe Cori Benardi should stop doing such a fantastic job of appearing to be a homophobe if he isn't one!
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@djilukjilly wrote:

If you don't agree with the progressive hard leftist views you are labeled a homophobe and a bigot. This is the new level of public debate it  has sunk to.

There are plenty of people on "right" side of politics who support gay right and marriage equality, and there are homophobes and bigots on the left.  To divide every issue into left and right is just ridiculous. 

When somebody expresses bigoted and homophobic views they are bigots and homophobes

Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Homophobia = Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Definitions? I think we are all capable of looking up words it they are not understood.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

i have nothing against gay people either way. but why does it need to be called marraige?

if i went and invented a new sport would i be allowed to call it tennis?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

i have nothing against gay people either way. but why does it need to be called marraige?

if i went and invented a new sport would i be allowed to call it tennis?

No, but  by the same token, the colour, creed or gender oerientation of those playing tennis does not alter the name of the game. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@djilukjilly wrote:

In an article published in todays Wet Australian Bullock is quoted as having said in 2004 that Sodomites were evil and would burn in hell. In your opinion, would 'homophobic' ( irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals) be a reasonable description of this comment.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply