Kiva loan :)

Aww my 14 year old son just happily paid for a Kiva loan out of his own money. I suggested it to him after showing him the one I did last night and he didn't hesitate to say yes.

Just a little bit proud that he did that :-x
Message 1 of 472
Latest reply
471 REPLIES 471

nothin' there, to help hungry folks and their families, closer to 'ome, in australia, to lease land, buy tools, seeds, fencin',  to set up their own community vegetable gardens, for example.

anyway, i'll keep lookin', thanks for the thread, though.

Message 221 of 472
Latest reply

Mooma, just curious as to how you were able to find your dressmaker through Kiva?

I won't (I'm not prepared to) go into nitty-gritty details on how I go about some things I become invovled with other than to say that I often use the services of ' Company inspection agents' in a few countries that I have some sort of interest in regarding business oppotunities, so it's not hard at all to track something down when you really want to, even when you only have the sketchiest details about the business concerned.

There are many such agents readily available for hire in countries like China, Thailand, Vietnam, India etc, etc. for anyone to use if their willing to pay the fees.

It's all perfectly above board and legal I assure you.

On the occasion in question it wasn't a desire to research any kind of business potential for myself, but more a matter of being highly impressed by the lady borrower while being intrigued by her product and my desire to see her business concept further developed in a more satisfactory way.

I only ended up becoming directly involved after I had decided to help her far more by extending a slightly more substantail personal loan via another channel.

I've also done a similar thing here in Australia a couple of times when I felt someone needed a little helping hand up who was very worthy of it.

I would name a reliable contact direction here if I wasn't so sure that one of my post reporting followers wouldn't have it removed before you got the chance to read it ๐Ÿ˜‰

These fans lie in constant wait for me to do such things on these boards.

Message 222 of 472
Latest reply

anyway, i'll keep lookin', thanks for the thread, though.

And pigs will spread wings to fly :^O:^O

Message 223 of 472
Latest reply

It's lovely that you've been able to follow the growth of her original plan and support that through a mutually beneficial relationship ๐Ÿ™‚

My personal benefit financially has been extremely minimal, just an interest rate on the latter loan sum of 2%, plus a huge finder's fee of US$50 to get the products in front of other people's eyes in both Australia and the USA who ended up being more than interested in dealing with the Indian business once they became aware of it.

Those fees were simply to keep everything on a business footing relationship.

It may seem hard for some around here to accept about me but some things I do are NOT connected to making a lot of dollars in personal profits.

NB:  I name no names ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 224 of 472
Latest reply

an interest rate on the latter loan sum of 2%, plus a huge finder's fee of US$50

Oh, damn near forgot to add that I also make one whole dollar in profit from every garment I now move into Australia using my regular importing channels as I move them on to the real resellers.

Geez but I'm making a real killing out of this :^O

Message 225 of 472
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Thank you to the person that accepted my invitation ๐Ÿ™‚  

Joono
Message 226 of 472
Latest reply

Thanks for explaining, Mooma. I was just curious as to how you made the connection. And mutually beneficial doesn't always have to mean monetary benefits ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Message 227 of 472
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Whoever it was that accepted my invitation, (they have decided to remain anonymous) has given me my own bonus for a new loan!  I just received an email from Kiva this afternoon.  I'll have a look later and do another.

Joono
Message 228 of 472
Latest reply

Whoops my bad, Kiva did respond to my enquiry about combining accounts and quite promptly, I just hadn't checked that email account :8}

At the moment we do not have a feature that would allow us to move loan shares from one account to another or combine two existing Kiva accounts. However, once your loans are repaid, you can purchase a Kiva Card with the repaid funds, and then redeem this Kiva Card into your second account. This is the only method we have of moving funds from one account to another.

Message 229 of 472
Latest reply

I received a total of $4.17 in repayments on June 17, 2013!

I almost have enough to do another loan again.:-x

Message 230 of 472
Latest reply