Kiva loan :)

Aww my 14 year old son just happily paid for a Kiva loan out of his own money. I suggested it to him after showing him the one I did last night and he didn't hesitate to say yes.

Just a little bit proud that he did that :-x
Message 1 of 472
Latest reply
471 REPLIES 471

would appear that somebody found 'emself a good opportunity for dollars to be made.

Message 211 of 472
Latest reply

I agree, ordinary individuals lending micro loans with a sense of feeling close to borrowers in other countries. Who would have thought this possible.

I think you just hit the nail on the head ๐Ÿ™‚

I found it truly amazing what a huge difference such small sums of money can do for other people's lives.

I can't recommend Kiva enough!

Message 212 of 472
Latest reply

would appear that somebody found 'emself a good opportunity for dollars to be made.

If you want to rely on Kiva for making money you best find something else because it's certainly never going to do that for anyone :^O

Message 213 of 472
Latest reply

err .. some are as thick as, that's not wot i meant, mate.   

obligatory  :^O 

Message 214 of 472
Latest reply

err .. some are as thick as, that's not wot i meant, mate.   

obligatory  :^O 

I knew exactly what you were hinting at but chose to ignore the dig, and will continue to do so as it matters not to the topic at hand.

I'm not interested!

Message 215 of 472
Latest reply

Those who believe it makes a difference are happy to do it, that is what is important.

Message 216 of 472
Latest reply

Yes, I received repayments also, almost enough to make another loan. I'll add a couple of dollars so I can help fund another loan.

Mooma, just curious as to how you were able to find your dressmaker through Kiva? It's lovely that you've been able to follow the growth of her original plan and support that through a mutually beneficial relationship ๐Ÿ™‚

Eloi, do you contribute to Kiva? If not I hope you'll take the opportunity to try one of the free loans.

Message 217 of 472
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Good question Cosmos. The borrowers details are not there, so Moorna, I guess you must have done some serious googling to set up such a business arrangement with her.

I agree 100% though that it is a great way to make a small difference that doesn't break the bank.

Joono
Message 218 of 472
Latest reply

The team idea in kiva is working well. I think the initial suggestion of creating a team was made so others here could contribute to same loans and have them completed.

Well I just loaned to Matalena because it showed in the team as 50% complete and shortly after so did others. Very soon after that it's now complete.

Go team Community Spirit. ๐Ÿ™‚

image host
Message 219 of 472
Latest reply

Yes I went looking for a loan and couldn't decide, I was going to have a look later then noticed that loan being funded by someone in our team. I haven't loaned to Samoa before ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 220 of 472
Latest reply