Letters from Nauru

j*oono
Community Member

Both major parties have pledged never to allow the authors of these letters to be resettled in Australia.

Letter 14

“This is a will for a lady who was trying to commit suicide”

My darling, I apologise to you deeply that I’m leaving you. My nice husband, I love you, again and again I begged Jesus but I don’t know why the Father has forgotten us as He forgot the Jews in the Second World War.

My kind husband, I’m leaving here to open heaven’s gate. To you and others, please excuse me.

I’ve never understood the meaning of this sentence: “The one in authority is God’s servant to do you good” (Romans 13: 4).

We have always respected the law even when we were near to death, were fleeing.

We are seeking refuge in a country where there is a lot of wisdom, compassion and freedom among its people, but their rulers have stone hearts. They were called but they don’t know Jesus, they are spending people’s money imprisoning and torturing women and kids in detention.

Do you remember living a year in 45-degree heat with a small fan? Sometimes with no water to drink and shower.

Do you think my soul will go to my parents? If you could talk to them, tell them, “Your daughter will come to kiss your feet.”

I’ve been crying a lot which causes me headaches, my darling, my darling, I love you, I love you, I will be waiting for you in a peaceful place. Don’t rush, I am counting the time, but don’t rush!

I’m not worried about my body, you know what to do!

I love you.

Read more letters here

Joono
Message 1 of 87
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Letters from Nauru

86 REPLIES 86

Letters from Nauru

aps1080
Community Member

Your bleeding heart point being ?????'

Message 2 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

Would you like another one Aps?

"I write this letter just for your understanding about your government and your country.

It is now 15 months we have lived in an Australian detention centre. Before I fled Iran I was a very successful person. I was expert in IT and passed the below certificates: Network+, Security+, CCNA, CEH, ISO, ISMS,CSSIP, MCTIP, BackTrack, Solarix, CMS Joomla. I have 15 years’ experience in the IT field.

I have worked in the application of wireless sensor network applications in the irrigation of agricultural fields, because I studied agriculture and have a B.Sci of agriculture. I was implementing a new method for cultivating agricultural crops even in the desert, using solar energy.

Three weeks ago I started my hunger strike and I have eaten only biscuits during this period and from today I stop eating anything in order to kill myself because I feel that this is the end of my life. Every human being who when seeing the suffering of his children and his wife and who cannot do anything for them – this life means zero.

I imagined that Australia is a very good country because all people there are equal and there is no discrimination. I thought that Australia keeps human rights for every human being. I imagined that Australia gives compassion to children and women. I thought that Australia is a Christian country, and the fundamentals of Christianity are based on compassion and love and kindness.

I fled from Iran. Iran is a country with a fanatical Islamic government. In Iran I was in prison because of my opposite opinion. During that time I lost everything in my life but at that time I still believed in God and I had hope for the future and when I was released from prison I started to work so hard to recover all the things in my life. But in that difficult life I never thought to kill myself.

But now in your detention centre I wish that God would take my life as soon as possible because I can’t bear to see suffer my son and my wife in such bad conditions of life.

Nine months living in a tent in 40 degrees.

Shower for three minutes.

All the ceilings of the tents coated with black mould. And the most important of your officers treat us like animals. And your Immigration behave like we are ignorant and stupid animals exactly like sheep.

Yes, your country has started a new slavery age. Scott Morrison is a racist person. He discriminates between human beings and it must be taken to court. If you don’t do this, we understand your country is equal with a third world country and your government is a dictator and cruel and your country has started a barbarian age. Maybe this letter will be my testament.

Your government drove me to a point where I have doubted God and Jesus Christ because I didn’t see any kindness and compassion in its devil’s eyes. Your government made me rubbish and put me on the rubbish island.

God bless all of us.

Pray for us."

Joono
Message 3 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

Should have tried to emigrate like others in the queue instead of getting on a boat knowing full well where he would end up.

Message 4 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

ShamefulWoman Sad

Message 5 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

Could those be contrived political statements? Anyone can write anything they so desire to try and sway the opinion of anyone gullible to swallow that clap trap.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 6 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

am

Why the hell have an allocated quota system for immigrants and / or refugees if the whole thing gets thrown out of the window because boat people THINK they can just sail across the water from wherever ?

We have a SYSTEM in place with allocated numbers per year.

They don't like the system so they try to circumvent it !!!

And then they **bleep** and complain about being stuck on a tropical island in 40 degree heat (which I know about as a bloke I know manages one of the camps and I have spent many an Xmas in NT in 40 degree heat / 80+% humidity with no aircon.)
Message 7 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

So they could.

It beggars imagination news isn't getting back to where these people originate.

Get on a boat you will get nowhere.

Get a passport, get a visa, wait your turn like everyone else has to.

You can afford the expense of a leaky boat but not to go through the proper channels.

Could it be you are not a refugee, just a freeloader.

Message 8 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I've been to Nauru.        The local natives don't live much better.

It's all perspective IMO

Message 9 of 87
Latest reply

Letters from Nauru

I don't know why I posted this topic.  Maybe I just wanted to see the reaction.  Keep your mind shut and your head in the sand.

Joono
Message 10 of 87
Latest reply