Lonely dog in mourning....

soxy74
Community Member
Does anyone have advice for a lonely dog? Other than getting another one.

My dog originally was in a pack of six. His last mate went to doggy heaven a week ago ๐Ÿ˜ž

They always stayed inside, not in the house as such but in a garage or internal laundrey etc depending on where we have lived.

On his first night alone he cried for awhile. That settled but he still whines when in the laundrey. The laundrey is internal and next to my kitchen. I have been letting him come into the kitchen to sit and having him in the laundrey at night or when I go out.

He just looks so sad.
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is there a particular reason he can't be in the house?  Dogs are pack animals and this poor fellow has now lost all of his.  You are his remaining pack and he is being excluded. 

If you can't have him in the house, could you get him another dog?  He sounds so desperately lonely and sad. Dogs can pine to death - is he eating okay?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Cuddles are needed big time.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

brush him, every day at around the same time. Let him know you understand.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

that is so sad

my boy lost his mum who he had lived with for more than 8 years, hasn't been the same since.

he is medicated now for anxiety.......helps a bit but he seems lost.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I agree with Monster post #1.  This dog needs to know he is part of your family (pack) and not separated from your family life. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, agree too.  Let him into your house and he will be happy.   

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I agree with Monster post #1.  This dog needs to know he is part of your family (pack) and not separated from your family life. 

Ditto, and if possible get another dog. He is lonely, misses his friend and needs companionship, not left on his own.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Ditto, and if possible get another dog. He is lonely, misses his friend and needs companionship, not left on his own.

I agree totally. Dogs are pack animals and need to be part of a pack i.e. you.....they are not meant to be on their own. Particularly this dog who is used to having other dogs around. Poor doggy ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Agree with above. A pack animal requires a minimum of 2, another dog or a human. Now  the dog is in the equivalent of solitary confinement.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply