MISSING BOY WILLIAM TYRRELL

WILLIAM WENT MISSING ON SEPT 12TH, 2014 FROM KENDALL, N.S.W- Please share this.. 

10476325_10152530737624755_8746816786387629698_o.jpg

Message 1 of 274
Latest reply
273 REPLIES 273

Re: MISSING BOY WILLIAM TYRRELL

@colic2bullsgirlore wrote:

The trial by social media result is in.

I certainly hope that nobody who posted on this facebook item on the attempted child abduction alerts page link

to the Spedding story ends up on the jury if Spedding goes to court

https://www.facebook.com/ACAAPERTH

Very unlikely, too many jury checks are done.

Message 171 of 274
Latest reply

"I do wonder how channel 7 knew he was being arrested and had a film crew there to record the incident given that 1 hour after they received the received historical investigation information from a relative they attended the house and arrested him. ( it was shown on the local news with sound grabs)"

The police were at his house the day before hus arrest. The police made a statement about arrests being likely. They also mentioned they had solid evidence about a pedo ring. The media would be staking out his house waiting..

The police knew about the historical info long before the 1 hour before they arrested him. They had accessed medical records taken at the time etc and investigated other info.
Message 172 of 274
Latest reply

Polks
"The "victims" did not "tip off" anyone.

The investigators would have known about the assault history from very early in the case, within the first couple of days. They would have had the names of everyone who had been anywhere near the house and would have done checks on all of them, visitors, family members, neighbours, tradesmen, milkmen etc. That is why this man was targetted early on."

I will try and find the quote from police who said a person called them shortly after William went missing and told them to look into Speddings background. I have read so many from diiferent newspapers.

Spedding had no criminal convictions. What would have come up if they did checks on him? Nothing?
Being given the details of the alleged abuse of two girls in 1987 and info that medical records exist relating to this was something they could check out.
Message 173 of 274
Latest reply

I thought that his actions in 1987 were known, but proceedings did not proceed because of the age of the children, and the family did not want to put them through that.   I suspect that the children were relatives.

Someone does not have to have convictions to be on police records.

Message 174 of 274
Latest reply

Nearly 30 years ago, not sure what police did then re keeping his name assoc with possible child abuse He wasn't charged at the time, so not confirmed in public's mind he was guilty?? 

Good there were historical records for police to access, especially the medical ones. 

24 April

Spedding is alleged to have inflicted the abuse in April and May, 1987. Part of the police case against Spedding is a series of formal statements made by adults who know him.

The Daily Telegraph revealed yesterday one of the people made the original call to Crime Stoppers about Spedding days after William Tyrrell was snatched.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/bill-spedding-person-of-interest-in-disappearance-of-willi...

Not sure if this was the same article I read.

I think it is quite plausible if a person(s) had been abused as child(ren)and that abuser was never charged at the time (got away with it) that when those people hear years later that same man's name in connection with a missing child (abduction likely) that one of those persons would call Crimestoppers and tell them about what happened to them.

The Sex Criimes squad was called in quite early in the investigation wasn't it? 

Message 175 of 274
Latest reply

This quote (Sky News) is a bit vague.

Mr Spedding was taken to Port Macquarie police station, where he remained into the early evening being questioned over child sexual abuse allegations dating back to 1987.

The claims relate to a series of alleged sexual assaults on two girls, aged three and six, in Sydney.

It's understood detectives investigating the disappearance of three-year-old William were made aware of the claims after Mr Spedding was named in media reports.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/04/22/spedding-arrested-on-child-abuse-claims.html#s...

Message 176 of 274
Latest reply

Another thing I thought of. The Speddings were awarded custody of 3 of Mrs S's small grandchildren. 

Surely they do police checks before awarding custody to a grandmother and step-grandfather? If they do these checks (and why wouldn't they, don't want to put the children in the hands of criminals, abusers), then nothing appeared for Mr S.

Message 177 of 274
Latest reply

In 1987 Queensland had videtaped interviews with children by a trained officer with anatomically correct dolls.  Probably NSW had the same, and it is a pity if this wasn't used then to help those little girls.

The sex crimes squad would have been there 5 minutes after the disappearance was reported.

A person doesn't have to be charged to be kept in files either.

Hopefully those women can now have some justice.

Re checks, the police do checks for blue cards too, and many a time someone slips through who shouldn't be given one. 

Message 178 of 274
Latest reply

I don't think the sex crimes squad was there 5 minutes or same day or next  after he disappeared.

If Spedding had a police check to re custody of young children, it's pretty obvious none of that past history was recorded.

Hopefully those women can now have some justice.

Yes, me too.

Message 179 of 274
Latest reply

I don't think the sex crimes squad was there 5 minutes or same day or next  after he disappeared.

Of course they were.  A missing child is a red flag, and all branches begin work immediately.

Message 180 of 274
Latest reply