Maybe a month

With winter fast approaching here and a predicted cold wet and so for the southern states -  dreary , maybe a month or 6 weeks to prepare - to improve living conditions , general health , as one senior US official said , if you are over reacting , you are probably doing the correct thing.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/coronavirus-will-spread-faster-in-cold-weather-and-may-retu...

why winter time ? well you might have noticed the countries in the northern hemisphere in temporate regions 

Winter time

Highly industrial

Dubious diet for many

Overweight issues for many

Cold and clammy outside , warm and clammy in social gatherings

Low sunshine 

No mitigation for Flu except immunisations prior to coronavirus

And noted our living conditions during the same time - there might be some hints there to tide one well through winter 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Maybe a month

I suspect we are becoming a little bit complacent. Infection levels are down for now, while we stay at home and social distance, but South Australia is leading the nation in its social openness and I have to say, people here are becoming more blase about the whole social distancing thing. 

With Winter coming and states looking for ways to reduce restrictions, I suspect we may be in for more distress in the months ahead.

The financial crunch hasn't actually hit yet either. Sure there is mass unemployment in hospitality and retail, but that is being softened by "double dole " and Jobkeeper. What happens in five months time when these programmes are rolled back and the effects of 26,000,000 unemployed in the U.S and similar numbers in Europe start to flow through the economy, along with falling real estate prices locally ?

Our Journey on the Corona Virus train is really only just getting started.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Maybe a month

@chameleon54 wrote:

I suspect we are becoming a little bit complacent. Infection levels are down for now, while we stay at home and social distance, but South Australia is leading the nation in its social openness and I have to say, people here are becoming more blase about the whole social distancing thing. 

With Winter coming and states looking for ways to reduce restrictions, I suspect we may be in for more distress in the months ahead.

The financial crunch hasn't actually hit yet either. Sure there is mass unemployment in hospitality and retail, but that is being softened by "double dole " and Jobkeeper. What happens in five months time when these programmes are rolled back and the effects of 26,000,000 unemployed in the U.S and similar numbers in Europe start to flow through the economy, along with falling real estate prices locally ?

Our Journey on the Corona Virus train is really only just getting started.

Is an unexpected train trip so may as well enjoy the scenery and trade with the locals along the way, with for many the new found wealth

Another issue is that we can not allow anyone from overseas to enter Australia enmass until all cases worldwide are resolved - it only took one badly infected person returning from Spain to cause bodies rotting in the streets in Ecuador , but wait for pressure particularly from up north to open the borders (second attempt) 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply