Melbourne teenager 'left to die'

Melbourne teenager 'left to die' on Melbourne street by BMW driver

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-06/coburg-hit-and-run-melbourne-teenager-in-coma/9121098

he'd be a fool not to hand himself in.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Melbourne teenager 'left to die'

@davidc4430 wrote:

personally i think the helmets are about useless in any real accident. look at a motorcycle helmet in comparison.but if i was riding a bike id wear one because its better than not wearing anything.

a bike helmet is prolly good if you just fall off your bike, but when being met by several tons of car....hmmm, cant see a flimsy bit of plastic saving my noggin.

A bike helmet reduces the impact in a similar way as a footy "helmet" stops footy players getting a concussion.

I've had a Subdural Hematoma,(blood clot) on the brain due to a head clash whilst playing soccer and if I'd 

had the same clash whilst wearing a footy helmet it would've have happened,(helmets stop the direct impact

on the head that usually happens in a small area).

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

The girl is in a critical condition in hospital in an induced coma with head injuries and broken bones.

I did say 'I bet she wasn't wearing a helmet'.....I didn't say she wasn't wearing one..

I assumed - because of the head injuries -  she is in an induced coma - and the fact that so many of the young ones don't wear their helmets.

I see them all the time without their helmets.

Is the problem comprehension or just contentious? 

Next time ya see one, stop 'em 'n ask 'em 

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

The girl is in a critical condition in hospital in an induced coma with head injuries and broken bones.

I did say 'I bet she wasn't wearing a helmet'.....I didn't say she wasn't wearing one..

I assumed - because of the head injuries -  she is in an induced coma - and the fact that so many of the young ones don't wear their helmets.

I see them all the time without their helmets.

Is the problem comprehension or just contentious? 

Next time ya see one, stop 'em 'n ask 'em 

LOL.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I read in one of the news reports that the girl wasn't wearing a helmet.

The 41 year old woman has been named.

Wouldn't be surprised if she tried to flee back to Vietnam but handed herself in when she found all airports were on alert.

Deserves jail time IMO. Needs to really think about her actions.

And was she impaired on the night ? We won't know.

image host
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply