Midweek Pondering: Why is not wanting to date a particular race not considered racist.............

But not wanting to have a particular race as friends is?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Midweek Pondering: Why is not wanting to date a particular race not considered racist...........

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

Consider these two statements:

Which one would you consider more racist or is it on par?

Black parent, "I don't want a son of mine dating a white girl"

White parent: "I don't want a son of mine dating a black girl"

Both the same thing and in my opinion, both a bit broad. Both a bit racist for no good reason.

Really, it comes down to what a person is attracted to. I remember there used to be a singer, forget his name, spiky hair, you'll know who i mean, married Rachel hunter at one stage and went with some other well known Scandinavian woman before that. Forget her name too.Smiley Frustrated he seemed to change partners every year but haven't heard about him in ages, probably old and doddery by now.

But he just about always went for blondes. Leggy, good looking blondes. If you'd been a white girl with really dark hair, I doubt you'd have got a look in.

edit. Rod Stewart.

Just comes down to personal taste I guess, not always racism. 

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Re: Midweek Pondering: Why is not wanting to date a particular race not considered racist...........

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

Is there a particular race you wouldn't consider marrying into?

not that i'm looking to marry anyone of any race

i would prolly not marry into a race of cannibals

1,457 Cannibalism Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

Both the same thing and in my opinion, both a bit broad. Both a bit racist for no good reason.

Really, it comes down to what a person is attracted to. I remember there used to be a singer, forget his name, spiky hair, you'll know who i mean, married Rachel hunter at one stage and went with some other well known Scandinavian woman before that. Forget her name too.Smiley Frustrated he seemed to change partners every year but haven't heard about him in ages, probably old and doddery by now.

But he just about always went for blondes. Leggy, good looking blondes. If you'd been a white girl with really dark hair, I doubt you'd have got a look in.

edit. Rod Stewart.

Just comes down to personal taste I guess, not always racism. 

Britt Ekland  Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

Hot Chocolate Brother Louie (HQ Audio) - YouTube

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply