Community Member
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Monis or Manteqi ? why was he still in Australia

That was exactly it, thanks Julia
Message 11 of 59
Latest reply

@ca04 wrote:

The polies can change the law and also if you lie to obtain something it is fraud and it becomes a criminal offence so he committed a criminal offence to obtain citizenship.

We have started to take back honours from those who commit criminal offences so why not take back citizenship from those who are

committing criminal offences?

Courts seem to have forgotten, like pollies, that they are there to reflect the wishes of the people of australia.

Excuse me, but it's a criminal offence to aid and abet the killing of one's wife and yet one can still walk free to commit further killings, so I don't think anyone's particularly quailing at the Aus judicial system, do you?

Message 12 of 59
Latest reply

Courts seem to have forgotten, like pollies, that they are there to reflect the wishes of the people of australia.

I hate to say this but the whole system is skewed towards to perp.

Although after the Melb killing a year or so ago, attitudes have hardened considerably BUT I still think

people don't want crims out on bail for seroopus offences.

Message 13 of 59
Latest reply

The current laws doesn't allow citizenship to be revoked. Your question (Monis or Manteqi ? why was he still in Australia) is a bit redundant in light of that.

Message 14 of 59
Latest reply

Alleged.
Message 15 of 59
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

The current laws doesn't allow citizenship to be revoked. Your question (Monis or Manteqi ? why was he still in Australia) is a bit redundant in light of that.

rubbish, gee its not hard to find information.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=revoking+australian+citizenship&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=mn...

Message 16 of 59
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

as of 13 Feb 2014

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/losing_citizenship/

If you became a citizen by application you can have your citizenship taken away if you are found to have committed a serious criminal offence prior to gaining citizenship. Australian citizenship can be revoked if:

• you have been convicted of making a false statement or representation in relation to your application to become an Australian citizen
  • you are convicted of a serious criminal offence at any time prior to becoming a citizen involving a sentence of 12 months or more
  • your approval to become an Australian citizen was gained as a result of migration-related fraud
  • your approval to become an Australian citizen was gained as a result of third party fraud; for example, fraudulent conduct by a migration agent in the citizenship application
  • it would be contrary to the public interest for you to remain an Australian citizen.

An Australian citizen by birth cannot have their Australian citizenship revoked. Similarly, a person conferred citizenship, after fully disclosing all relevant factors, cannot have their Australian citizenship revoked.

People who have their citizenship revoked can be removed from Australia.

Children

Children under the age of 18 may also have their citizenship revoked unless the other responsible parent is an Australian citizen or the child would become stateless.

Message 17 of 59
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

I seen footage of him walking out of court with none other then Christopher Murphy by his side, so from the looks of that he must have defended him at some stage.

Chris Murphy said he does not represent him. Said he had a short encounter with him in some years ago and refused to represent him because he would not take his advice, or something to that effect.  It must have been in relation to the hate mail and immediately after the conversation the nutter did the opposite of what he was told by protesting outside the court so Murphy refused to represent him.

Message 18 of 59
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@ca04 wrote:

The polies can change the law and also if you lie to obtain something it is fraud and it becomes a criminal offence so he committed a criminal offence to obtain citizenship.

We have started to take back honours from those who commit criminal offences so why not take back citizenship from those who are

committing criminal offences?

Excuse me, but it's a criminal offence to aid and abet the killing of one's wife and yet one can still walk free to commit further killings, so I don't think anyone's particularly quailing at the Aus judicial system, do you?

I hope they revoke the bail of his wife as well. She seems to be as loony as he was.  Who knows what she might be planning in retaliation or in seeking equal notoriety.

Message 19 of 59
Latest reply

I doubt that Chris Murphy would come cheaply either. He wouldn't do legal aid would he?

perhaps our courts should be taking domestic violence more seriously? (even what they call *weak cases*)

this guy should've had the book thrown at him long ago.

Message 20 of 59
Latest reply