My Mums update thread

This thread is dedicated to my Mother and her recovery.

Photobucket

On Monday the 4th June 2007, while holidaying in the UK with my Father, my Mother was struck by a van while crossing the road.

Mum spent 88 days in various UK hospitals before finally being brought home back to Australia on the 30th August 2007.

She is currently in The John Whittle Nursing Facility with brain damage

I have set up this thread to keep you all updated on her condition and her improvements and hopefully one day, Mum will be able to read it.
 photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 1,616
Latest reply
1,615 REPLIES 1,615

Re: My Mums update thread

kayza40
Community Member
Oh Amy, such a sad situation. I have tears for you.
Message 181 of 1,616
Latest reply

2 years today since Mum had her accident

:(

It will be a bad day for dad
Message 182 of 1,616
Latest reply

Aww Amy that is so sad. 😞

Have lots of extra cuddles with the kiddies. ♥
Message 183 of 1,616
Latest reply

(((Amy and family ))) kay ♥♥♥
Message 184 of 1,616
Latest reply

kimm8179
Community Member
Thinking of you today Amy.
Message 185 of 1,616
Latest reply

((((((((((AMY))))))))))))))))

I haven't been in here for ages and just caught up all the posts.

I am so sorry ---for you, your Mum and your Dad. As others have said, its impossible to know what your Mum is thinking and what she really wants

But as Freddie says, you are pushing her away. She is not there for you, but you need to be there for her. Right till the end, whenever that is. She needs to be nurtured and cuddled and whatever you can do from afar ---like phone calls. It might be very important to her although you can't see it.

I know its hard Amy.
hugs
Message 186 of 1,616
Latest reply

I will always do the phonecalls. Have another to do today.
Its just getting harder and harder.
Message 187 of 1,616
Latest reply

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for you Amy. I'm close to my Mum too. I don't know how I'd get up each day knowing my Mum wasn't at the other end of the phone line to chat to about stuff.

I know you thought things hadn't improved when you saw her. But maybe she is improving mentally, and this is having the negative effect on everything else. It would be hard for her and quite devastating if she has gradually become aware of what is happened and physical limitations she has.

I don't know if it is possible, but I hope your phone call today does something towards putting you at ease about all of this somewhat.

:-x
Message 188 of 1,616
Latest reply

not.happy.jan
Community Member
(((((Amy)))))

You are an amazingly brave woman and again I want you to know that many of us here feel that way about you. Keep things a day at a time and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Easier said than done as I can't imagine what you must be going through. But you can only do what you can do and you've proven yourself over and over what a loving daughter you are. xoxox
Message 189 of 1,616
Latest reply

((((Amy)))) Hope you have a better phone call with your mum this time.♥♥
Message 190 of 1,616
Latest reply