My Xmas made

With all the awful things happening I thought I would share a nice story.I have always kept Zebra  finchs as they have such happy little personalities and are very  social with eachother. I have an avery for them.About a month ago  the kid across the street got one male Zebra finch  all on his own and in a little cage about the size of a shoebox . It was given no perch and just had food and water dishs. I was so upset I offered to give them an old cage but they said it was fine .I did at least convince them to give him a stick for a perch and that made his life a bit better but I noticed he has gradualy got scruffy and depressed

today the Dad called out  and asked did I want it as they are going away for Xmas and so want to get rid of it...

Tonight the little guy is in a nice large cage ,he has spent the afternoon flying around with 3 other zebs and had a bath and realy spruced himself up seems to be unable to stop calling out to the others. 

I just looked and he  has hopped in the nest basket as if he always slept there ,looks so content

I am going to pray thy do not get any more pets...lousy people

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

My Xmas made

Let's hope he soon has a Family of Little Finches. 🙂

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

Lovely that you were able to save him. Yes, definitely they don't deserve pets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

lal-au0
Community Member

uncaring bleepheads they are.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Could have been worse.   At least they offered the little

guy to you.   Some horrible bird owners just open the cage

and let them fend for themselves in the great outdoors.

I'm glad he found a lovely home for Christmas

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

What an uplifting story. Thanks for taking the little bird and giving it some freedom compared to the little box it used to live in.

This time of the year so many pets are being abandoned, it is always nice to see someone rescue a helpless animal that has never learned how to fend for itself.

Erica Woman Happy

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

Heart

Will you offer on the return from their "fabulous holiday", an opportunity for those children to visit Finchie and learn from you how to care for a pet by example.  

Merry Christmas to you and your happy little Finches.

DEB

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

Thanks for sharing such an uplifting story.  It gave me a warm buzz.    Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

yeah...i can remember our dog was afraid for years that we would abandon her.

she was also afraid of fly swatters and wooden sticks.

took us years to teach her that she would not be abandoned or hit.

she was the most loving and loyal dog you could imagine. beats me why you would hit or abandon such a dog. she was the best sister i ever had.

dad left my baby sis in her pram outside a  small shop together with the dog. she growled at a woman who was doing the "doodidoodidoo" thing at my sis. the dog being a 1/2 husky looking like a wolf mwahahahah

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

My Xmas made

I also thank you for sharing. .a lovely story
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply