NANNA'S Frozen Berries. Hepatitis A contamination.

I don't buyy frozen berries, but hundreds of people do. In this warm weather smoothies with berries are a favourite.

Here is the warning. Hope the link works.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/consumers-warned-to-throw-out-nannas-frozen-berry-1kg-packets-...

Erica

Message 1 of 172
Latest reply
171 REPLIES 171

Re: NANNA'S Frozen Berries. Hepatitis A contamination.

@am*3 wrote:

The Nannaโ€™s product has been sent for testing, and at this stage there is no proof the frozen berries, which are picked and packed for Patties in a factory in northern China, is the cause of the hepatitis A outbreak.

I wonder how long testing takes?.... usually a long time.

only hours

Message 151 of 172
Latest reply

Something positive ?

Abbott government to move on country of origin food labels after hepatitis A outbreak linked to imported frozen berries

The Abbott government says it will act on country of origin labelling in the wake of the hepatitis A outbreak from frozen berries imported from China.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has asked Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane and Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce to prepare a submission for cabinet by the end of March.

"For too long, people have been talking about country of origin labelling. And nothing much has changed," Mr Abbott said

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-to-move-on-country-of-origin...

Message 152 of 172
Latest reply

Am3, the recall has been extended to Raspberries as well. Chuck em out. Smiley Wink

http://www.patties.com.au/consumer-recall

image host
Message 153 of 172
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

Something positive ?

Abbott government to move on country of origin food labels after hepatitis A outbreak linked to imported frozen berries

The Abbott government says it will act on country of origin labelling in the wake of the hepatitis A outbreak from frozen berries imported from China.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has asked Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane and Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce to prepare a submission for cabinet by the end of March.

"For too long, people have been talking about country of origin labelling. And nothing much has changed," Mr Abbott said

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-to-move-on-country-of-origin...

After explicitly ruling it out last week and saying it's up the the business and he won't interfere.  :D:D:D

Message 154 of 172
Latest reply

Where is that thread on backflips, good news though

Photobucket
Message 155 of 172
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@vicr3000 wrote:

Something positive ?

After explicitly ruling it out last week and saying it's up the the business and he won't interfere.  :D:D:D

Quoted from the SMH article given above.

The announcement comes a little over a week after Mr Abbott appeared to reject a complete overhaul of food labelling and testing.

DEB

Message 156 of 172
Latest reply

Update - C.G. Berries are back on the market and not from China.

New packaging as well, no box but a ziplock pouch.

I have just stocked the new Creative Gourmet frozen berries into our store.

They are from Turkey, Chile and Guatemala.

Pity Australian produce isn't used but I'm guessing it's all sold to the fresh market.

image host
Message 157 of 172
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes.  But I'm sticking with buying local fresh produce

and freezing them myself

Message 158 of 172
Latest reply

Yeah, if you can get them all year round, it's the way to go.

image host
Message 159 of 172
Latest reply

Our local strawberry farm will be opening soon, can't wait to go and get lots, freeze them myself and enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

Message 160 of 172
Latest reply