NBN ANYONE?

I don't care who fixes the problems the NBN is having - but I do wish they would get of their collective backsides and do something.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-23/what-happened-to-superfast-nbn/11037620

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

NBN ANYONE?

Useless as since it came here. Nobody wants to know, everyone passes the buck/blames the user/the modem/the installer/no other complaints (funny seeing as how the NBN 'van' is in my street alone a few times a month)

Total and utter carp it is

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

I am dreading the day I am forced to start using the NBN.....so far I have resisted the ghostly voices on th phone that entreat me to contact an NBN provider but I know it cannot last forever.

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

I hope it never comes here because it's going to be wireless when it does. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

The NBN will never be fixed 'causeTurnbull aka the liberal party  stuffed it  completely by taking away the fibre to the house option and replacing it with fibre to the node.   I had to get installed, didnt want to, now my Internet is slower than it was before are continual "upgrades" which means the Internet is down for hours and  leave me with no access to a telephone as I dont own a mobile ph

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

I've had it installed and quite like it.

I skype with my son in England on a regular basis, and had trouble with the wireless pocket wifi I was using.

since we've had the NBN there's no shutting down mid-conversation, and minimal time-lag with replies.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

we don't  have to sign up to it until 2020 here, so not sure what to expect, we're quite happy with our existing cable connection. so we're not in a hurry to change-over

someone on twitter called the NBN (no bloddy network)  this morning , which made me chuckle Cat LOL

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I am dreading the day I am forced to start using the NBN.....so far I have resisted the ghostly voices on th phone that entreat me to contact an NBN provider but I know it cannot last forever.

I lasted out until I got a registered letter telling me my landline phone would cease in 2 weeks so if I wanted to keep the phone I'd better choose a provider and get the NBN connected before that date.

Friends and rellies who use smart phones to call me can cause glitches in my landline so I often have to turn the modem off for a minute or two then back on again.  There's no answer for this issue as both the NBN and the Provider blame each other.  A storm that cut power a month or so ago meant I had no working phone until power resumed.

Where my mother lives, the NBN outside work has just been done.  Mum thought she was now on the NBN,  We had to explain it was more complicated than that.  She still didn't get the need to choose a phone (only) plan soon.  In the end I had to put it as bluntly as I could.  Wait for the 2 week warning if you like but if you don't do something after that you will have no landline phone.  I researched the phone only options and think there's something suitable, but as I don't live nearby another family member will have to sort it out for her once she has no choice. ๐Ÿ™‚

It really cheeses me off that my landline service was MUCH more reliable before the NBN.

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

it seems to depend on what kind of internet user a person is, most of the ones i hear saying the NBN is good dont actually need high speed internet.

90% of us prolly dont, today.

but this was a plan for the future when 90% of us will need high speeds to get the future of entertainment.

i see the days of free tv coming via an tv antenna on your roof ending and everything on your tv will be delivered via the NBN system.

but that wont happen now as the stupid NBN we got cant cope with 15 million people watching programs via the slow speed of NBN.

sad we are so far behind other countries with intnet speed still, we should have been a leader.

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

NBN ANYONE?

@davidc4430 wrote:

it seems to depend on what kind of internet user a person is, most of the ones i hear saying the NBN is good dont actually need high speed internet.

90% of us prolly dont, today.

but this was a plan for the future when 90% of us will need high speeds to get the future of entertainment.

i see the days of free tv coming via an tv antenna on your roof ending and everything on your tv will be delivered via the NBN system.

but that wont happen now as the stupid NBN we got cant cope with 15 million people watching programs via the slow speed of NBN.

sad we are so far behind other countries with intnet speed still, we should have been a lead

TONY Abbott has unveiled the Coalition's broadband policy, vowing to provide the service quicker and cheaper than Labor's NBN.

The Opposition Leader this morning said by the end of a first term of an incoming Coalition government Australian households would have a minimum broadband speed of 25Mbps.

"By the end of second term, should we get one, the vast majority of households will have access to speeds of 50Mbps," Mr Abbott said.

"We will build fibre to the node.

"So we will be able to do this for under $30 billion, compared to the over $90 billion it will cost the National Broadband Network (under Labor)."

He said the figure was in stark contrast to the more than $90 billion it was forecast to cost for Laborโ€™s NBN.

https://www.news.com.au/national/communications-minister-stephen-conroy-rubbishes-the-coalitions-bro...

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply