NSW Police officers charged documents reveal

NSW Police officers charged with domestic violence-related offences, documents reveal

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-14/police-officers-charged-with-domestic-violence-related-offenc...

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I was married to a police officer years ago.

While he wasn't abusive, I knew of others who were.

Unfortunately they're no different to everyone else, and some don't do the right thing in many ways.

But many do.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

They seem to think they are above the law.

The ones with child sex offences is a worry.

I was taught as a child that policemen were there to help.

But as an adult, my view of police is vastly tainted.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

They seem to think they are above the law.

The ones with child sex offences is a worry.

I was taught as a child that policemen were there to help.

But as an adult, my view of police is vastly tainted.

I,m the same. Until moving close to the " big smoke" ten years ago, I niavely trusted that the police are the good guys. On the whole, police stationed in small rural communities are usually dedicated guys with good all round skills who can be relied upon.

Wow, was it an eye opener to move to a busy regional city where the cops are blatently in bed with the crooks and rule the local community with threats, fit ups and harrasment.

The result is that crime flourishes in our area and has become a lot more open and visible than you would expect.  Now I,m one of those who no longer trusts police to the extent that I no longer report serious crime.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Had a older relative years ago (by marriage and now dead) who was a crook. During the 60s, 70s and

into the 80s corruption was rife,

I remember seeing him on TV once, during the interview he said,

NSW as the best the police force that money can buy. Things have changed a lot since those days.

There will always be good and bad, unfortunately the small percentage of the bad, casts a shadow over everyone.

It is like some carers, who have assaulted the people they are meant to take care of.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

There is good and bad in every profession, police are no different  ..... Why there are human beings walking this planet, their will always be coruption

Wow Chameleon, so pleased I dont live where you do   .... They were bad enough when I lived in Portland

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

There is good and bad in every profession, police are no different  ..... Why there are human beings walking this planet, their will always be coruption

Wow Chameleon, so pleased I dont live where you do   .... They were bad enough when I lived in Portland

True there are good and bad people but there is an expectation that some professions deserve respect - Police, Judges, Clergy (and we know how that's turned out), Paramedics etc.

These days it's safer to be polite to police because of what they might do to you...not because they automatically deserve it.  I have found that some of them checking drivers for alcohol are not above behaving like nasty PC Plods even when you are polite and cooperative.  I've got nothing to hide, alcohol doesn't agree with me so I don't drink, but I've not been impressed with the attitude of some police at booze busses.  Guilty until proven innocent it seems.  I've never been in trouble with the law but increasingly, I don't think much of the law enforcers I've seen these days.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Queensland policeman stood down from duty over charge for leaking DV complainant's address

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-17/brisbane-cop-stood-down-charged-for-leaking-womans-address-dv...

another trusted copper breaking the law.

put him in prison and let him rot.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply