National Open Mosque Day

Did anyone take the opportunity to visit their local mosque today?  I couldn't, unfortunatly, because, we don't have one yet in Bunbury, but I'd love to hear from anyone who did go along for a look.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

National Open Mosque Day

ecar3483
Community Member

No, purely and simply because I didn't know it was National open mosque day.

At least now I know that the event takes place, and I can keep eye open for the next one.

Thanks for mentioning it.

And so, whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it.

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

would have been interesting.

unfortunately, i didn't know about it.

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

Did anyone take the opportunity to visit their local mosque today?

looks like not many mosques were 

participating so i couldn't have gone

anyway cos my local mosque didnt

participate.

http://www.lma.org.au/national-mosque-open-day

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

moonflyte
Community Member

I am not religious so I wouldn't visit a mosque.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

I counted only 13 participating mosques at the site you linked to Julia.

Apparently there were more than 340 mosques in Australia in 2012. So, that's not a very good particiption rate.

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

johcaschro
Community Member

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Did anyone take the opportunity to visit their local mosque today?  I couldn't, unfortunatly, because, we don't have one yet in Bunbury, but I'd love to hear from anyone who did go along for a look.

Do I detect a note of regret that you don't yet have in Bunbury an establishment which teaches that women are to be kept as subordinate second class citizens who must cover their hair and walk around in shape-concealing apparel or even cover their faces when going out in public?

And you're a woman.

For my part, as a man,  I regret the existence of every single mosque in this country which teaches such nasty and oppressive rubbish.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

If you find yourself in a mens room at a mosque, that trough on the floor...it's not a urinal, it's for washing your feet!

*I never did find a toilet....hehehe*

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

We are all aware why this thread was put up. As for the latest insult to our country, Muslim leader saying singing the nation anthem is forced assimilation.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

National Open Mosque Day

As for the latest insult to our country, Muslim leader saying singing the nation anthem is forced assimilation

------------------------------

At a school not far from here, muslim children were invited to leave during the national anthem. This is because it is apparently a solemn religious time of mourning at the moment and they aren't allowed to participate in joyful activities.

I wish i had been present in that staff meeting when the decisions were made, I would have had something to say about that.

First off, a national anthem is not a joyful leisure activity any more than the Last Post is, it is meant to be a solemn & respectful occasion.

Secondly, we should be allowed to play the Australian national anthem in Australia  & it is part of state school assemblies.  Someone should tell migrants that actually, if they come here to live, they are expected to assimilate. It's not a dirty word.

Oh and re the open day at mosques, didn't realise it was even on till saw Tv report, but what of women? Were they allowed to go in without the head covering?

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply