Need advice from cat people vets or vet nurses

I have just picked up a new male maine coon kitten he is 14 weeks old and has been desexed?  I have the desex certificate from the breeders vet but when we got him home and I picked him up I noticed he has all his male bits I am talking about the T's I am not sure if ebay will let me type the word so am playing safeCat Very Happy.

Are they desexing males now so they keep their male bits or has he not been desexed, my other male maine coon is 8 and does not have any.

I am going to take him to my vet next weekend so will find out them but was hoping someone could answer my question sooner 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Need advice from cat people vets or vet nurses

when they desex the male they remove his testicles but the ball bag remains. It will shrink over time but if it was only done recently it will still look like has nuts. It's just an empty sac though.

I thought they stopped tattooing males because it's fairly obvious they no longer have the full package.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

My cat is micro chipped and the chip shows she has been desexed.

Also the breeder sent me her Vet book with all the details of her op and all her injections.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

How about a photo of your new baby??

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

My female was tattooed 2 years ago when de sexed. Have they changed it since then?

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@mainecoon1 wrote:

RSPCA have obviously changed their minds again as my vet told me 8 years ago when I got my male that they where not allowed to tattoo a cat. 

As my vet said most people involved in the rescue/vet industry would be able to check a female for a desex scar and with the technology used today like MRIs can easly see if a cat has been desexed without having to tattoo them.

When I got my female 17 years ago from a shelter she had a tattoo in her ear that became infected and caused her a lot of discomfort I for one think it is cruel and not nessesary.

Local councils that pick up strays don't have a clue.

No tattoo?   Then they're not desexed and are put down

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

My cat's  jewels were loud and proud for awhile.

He didn't look desexed. He does now. Poor old man lol

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

None of my Bengals have tatooed ears but all were desexed by the breeder's vet. My vet had to check my boy's bits to make sure that he had been desexed because he was, and is, HUGE, but it was only skin with nothing inside.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply