Negative kudos

Dear mods, could we get a button to give negative kudos?

I really need such a button.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Negative kudos

I don't notice, unless a post I am going to give a kudos to already has a few kudos, then I notice those ones.
Same in photo thread.

One political thread where my view wasn't the same as the OP, I think I was the only poster in that thread, that wasn't given a green tick or kudo by the OP..lol
Message 31 of 39
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

I think it actually serves a purpose, I use it to show that I appreciate the thought that went into the post, as well as if I agree with a post.

It saves you all from me posting my thoughts too much.

I guess so, and I give the odd kudos myself for the same reason. But at the end of the day, it wouldnt matter if it wasnt there, people would just quote the post and say "I agree" or something similar. Thats what we did before we had a kudos button.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 32 of 39
Latest reply

One political thread where my view wasn't the same as the OP, I think I was the only poster in that thread, that wasn't given a green tick or kudo by the OP..lol

lol, fancy having your own opinion...we cant have that.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 33 of 39
Latest reply

Posters kudo the posts they like .Their kudo's can be quite reveiling and can show what they like and are like...when online at least.

Some things may not be noticed unless you are the actual poster .I do now check kudos given...to particular types of posts.Some id's kudos given and received could make a good study for the mods imo.

Message 34 of 39
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
I don't notice, unless a post I am going to give a kudos to already has a few kudos, then I notice those ones.
Same in photo thread.

You don't notice kudos, yet checked every single kudos in one thread??? 

Message 35 of 39
Latest reply

One thread, Boris, one thread..as I said it was funny.

If a post remains ( therefore doesn't contravene posting rules)and has kudos..how could those kudos ever be an interest to moderators?
Message 36 of 39
Latest reply

"Some id's kudos given and received could make a good study for the mods imo."

Then what happens, what do they do with the findings of their kudos study? Kudos being a posters choice with no conditions attached.
Message 37 of 39
Latest reply

@izabsmiling wrote:

Posters kudo the posts they like .Their kudo's can be quite reveiling and can show what they like and are like...when online at least.

Some things may not be noticed unless you are the actual poster .I do now check kudos given...to particular types of posts.Some id's kudos given and received could make a good study for the mods imo.

do you check who gave them?

I give kudos as a way of saying i agree or good post. It reveals that i am lazy and CBA actually typing out a post. Dont think the mods will care about that much

Message 38 of 39
Latest reply

@chuk_77 wrote:

@izabsmiling wrote:

do you check who gave them?

I give kudos as a way of saying i agree or good post. It reveals that i am lazy and CBA actually typing out a post. Dont think the mods will care about that much

I think that's what most people do.  Although I should admit that is an assumption and I've never actually analysed, or even looked at, who gives kudos to who or why.   I give them based on post content, not on who made the comment.   I gave one to your post and had no idea who posted until I looked now, while writing reply   ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 39 of 39
Latest reply